LPub3D 1.2.0 - available for download

LPub3D 1.2.0 - available for download
Greetings,

I've completed some more updates and enhancements from mostly community requests. The media is ready but SourceForge is not allowing uploads as they are still recovering from a major disaster. I'll upload as soon as Sf allows.

Media uploaded to SourceForge.net. You can update directly from LPub3D Help, Check for update...

Here are the completed items:

LPub3D 1.2.0.388.2

Features and enhancements
------------
-Sort PLI/BOM by part size (default), colour and category
-Improved model navigation - display selected model from model drop-down. Ignored 'meta=IGN'
submodels are not displayed even though they are in the drop-down list because they are
not assigned a page number. Previous behavior only displayed the model file in the LDraw editor.
-Display LDraw colour code on BOM/PLI tooltip - now showing colour description, colour code and
part description.
-Go To Page navigation combo box - allow page navigation using drop-down box.
-Show progress bar during display page processing/navigation etc...
-Text strings can now accomodate double quotes using escape character '\' - e.g. This \"Fat\" MOC
will display: This "Fat" MOC. For now, edits must always include the escape character '\'.

-CHANGE: Move PLI annotations settings to PLI/BOM Setup preferences.

-Fix: When changing the font on added text, the dialog starts with MS Shell Dlg 2 size 12.
The dialog now starts with display of the actual font perameters being changed.
-Fix: Change to PLI Times Used attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
when use local option selected.
-Fix: Change to PLI Text Annotation attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to PLI Background attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to PLI Border attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to Step number attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step. PARTIAL - Use
local selection still not working.

Screenshots:

.png   02.png (Size: 40.97 KB / Downloads: 0)

Cheers,
Trevor
Re: LPub3D 1.2.0
Impressive and very usefull!
I'll download and try things out.

Though I must say this version of LPub is way slower then the original on my old laptop.
Somehow it takes very long to initialize a model.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Re: LPub3D 1.2.0
Do you have the 3D viewer pane in the foreground? If this one is hidden, it is much faster. I need to verify it with other larger instructions though...
Re: LPub3D 1.2.0 - available for download
Greetings,

LPub3D 1.2.0 is available for download - see update to original post.

Regards,
Trevor
Thanks for the file!

I am struggling with having a color-sorted mulit-page BOM.

I have attached two files "Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-2.mpd" and "Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-3.mpd"

Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-2.mpd:
- has a single page BOM sorted by 0 !LPUB BOM SORT_BY SORT_OPTION GLOBAL "Part Colour"
- In the upper left corner a "Light BLuish Grey" Part appears out of the (supposed) sorting order

Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-3.mpd:
- has a multi-page BOM created with the "split-BOM" context menu (from the previous file)
- the color sort for the whole BOM is now gone
- the BOM is split (fine) and sorted on both pages (however how the split is done I cannot see)

I tried looking up the source, but I could not find it yet on sourceforge.

I had similar issues when I tried sorting to BOM, which I think was fine, but I could not work the placement out yet.

Attached Files
.mpd   Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-3.mpd (Size: 195.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
.mpd   Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-2.mpd (Size: 195.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
Gerald Lasser Wrote:Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-2.mpd:
- has a single page BOM sorted by 0 !LPUB BOM SORT_BY SORT_OPTION GLOBAL "Part Colour"
- In the upper left corner a "Light BLuish Grey" Part appears out of the (supposed) sorting order

Ok - I'll take a look - thanks for the sample files, they will help.

Gerald Lasser Wrote:Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-3.mpd:
- has a multi-page BOM created with the "split-BOM" context menu (from the previous file)
- the color sort for the whole BOM is now gone
- the BOM is split (fine) and sorted on both pages (however how the split is done I cannot see)

Gerald Lasser Wrote:I had similar issues when I tried sorting to BOM, which I think was fine, but I could not work the placement out yet.

At this time, the sort routine applies individually to each bom instance. Perhaps a screen capture and and a short descripton of your expectation(s) could help me understand better the issue.

Gerald Lasser Wrote:I tried looking up the source, but I could not find it yet on sourceforge.

Try following the source link in the about dialog.
Gerald,

I refactored the sort routines and discovered (for example) the colour '8' was sorted higher than '70'. This as been fixed in the now available patch 1.2.1. Note the meta command for sort colour is now "Sort Color" (it was Sort Colour).

Regarding your out of place part, this is not a sorting issue, in fact, it is related to the packing routine. Using the grabber (the black square at the bottom of the PLI border when selected) to adjust the PLI area will 'automatically' move the out-of-place part to the sorted location; however, be mindful that other parts may shift so you'll have to play around with the adjustments until you are satisfied.

Let me know if you encounter any more issues. I did not play all the combinations of PLI/BOM sorting and constraints.

Here is a comparison of the Spirograph_ fW_v26_LPUB3D-2.mpd BOM:

After:

Before:

Best,
Trevor
Thanks for the update, I was myself on leave seems also from the Internets :-). I did not had the credentials for this forum, so I skipped quite some time... I will try it and let you know.

I know the placement routine is trying to save space and I think while doing so it throws the parts around...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »