Dimensioning in XYZ space

Dimensioning in XYZ space
How Can I Detect Width And Height of model based on this what in *.ldr file is.
I Have Measure in: pixels , inch , centimeters.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Re: Dimensioning in XYZ space
1.)
Open model in LDView.
Press Ctrl + B (or Tool / Model Bounding Box). That'll give you the total dimensions of your model in ldu.

2.)
Open LDCalc.
Choose tab "Unit Conversion" and translate it into bricks/studs/mm/inch
You help Me a lot. I start implement LDU. But what i must know ?!. Did LDCalc work with command line. When this app can't work in chain with other app - it is not usable for ME.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
The only way to truly calculate the dimensions is to fully parse the model. If there are tools that do this in a way that can be used from another program, I'm unaware of them.

Once you have the dimensions in LDU, you can easily convert to inches or centimeters. (See here.)

You can't calculate the dimensions in pixels. There's no sensible definition for that. You can determined the screen's DPI and then use your inch/cm value and convert, but I think that would be confusing more than anything, unless your goal is simply to draw something on-screen at actual size.
Did anyone have contact with Michael Heidemann. Creator of LDCalc. I can not find anything about him on http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php
http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=impressum
How this
.jpg   ModelBoundingBox.jpg (Size: 14.87 KB / Downloads: 1)
turn into [Image: converter.png]
Yes, I can see why that might be confusing. The pictures on Mike's site all show the old 1.0.5 version.
If you download the latest version, 1.2.1 you'll find this instead:

All you need to do is to calc the true dimensions from LDView

[attachment=1645]

x = 290+270 = 560
y = 256+24 = 280
z = 10.214+38 = 48.214

Your model is 28 x 2.4 studs wide and 11.6667 bricks high
I start implement full support of LDraw unit into LICreator. For this I have few questions. As you can see bellow y = 280 go into 'LDU' field. But how user must do to calculate 'Stud' and 'Brick Height' section properly.
Remember that is 'Model Bounding Box' from LDraw give the total dimensions of your model in LDU.

What I louse when round 11.6667 => 11.67 and 4.4094 => 4.41. If this proper manner.

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:Yes, I can see why that might be confusing. The pictures on Mike's site all show the old 1.0.5 version.
If you download the latest version, 1.2.1 you'll find this instead:

[attachment=1647]

All you need to do is to calc the true dimensions from LDView

[attachment=1645]

x = 290+270 = 560
y = 256+24 = 280
z = 10.214+38 = 48.214

Your model is 28 x 2.4 studs wide and 11.6667 bricks high
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »