Threading continued

Threading continued
Ok. I kicked the hornets nest with threading. That's a good thing by the way since I now know it is important. I'd like to post a poll and have some more discussion.

- Does anyone use the "flat post" view for the forums and if it went away would it detract from your forum experience? (Note: not the hybrid view which indented posts, the completely flat view)
- For the threaded used not using hybrid (i.e. one post per page with the thread tree on the bottom), if this option went away and was replaced by something similar to the hybrid view would that detract from your forum experience?
- What about for the hybrid users if that were replaced by the "one post per page" view?
Re: Threading continued
I'm using hybrid view. I'd be fine with using threaded if it didn't require reloading the web page just to see a different post.
"- What about for the hybrid users if that were replaced by the "one post per page" view?"
Not so fan about that... the only drawback is scrolling for long threads with images that take time to get loaded (btw, couldn't this be solved using right sized placeholders for images?)
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:couldn't this be solved using right sized placeholders for images

Yes but the plugin I was using to do this caused some sort of website breakage. Now that I'm 70% committed to a new platform, I really don't want to spend that time to hunt down a kill bugs in the old plugin.
Sure! I meant for the next one...
Oh. That's already built in!
I am using the "one post per page" and the tree at the bottom.
I also tried in the past the other options, but this was the best for me, as I can focus on the post I read and by just a click I can read the post that is answered (if I wish in an other window).
I'm using hybrid (multiple msgs with indenting).

In the other thread I posted I was using threaded but it turns out the options are somewhat confusingly named.

Because in the settings this setting ('hybrid') is listed as threaded.

I also agree with Santeri Piippo, if the one msg variant didn't have to reload while navigating it wouldn't be a bad alternative.
I like regular forums like vBulletin.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »