LSYNTH generating additional lines

LSYNTH generating additional lines
I have nearly completed the 42008 for Eric's Technicopedia and just in progress of adding the LSYNTH. There are four different types of LSYNTH generated parts necessary: PF-Cable, Pneumatic Hoses, Rigid Hoses and a String.

Generating the LSYNTH parts is no issue. I did them one by one, but then I noticed that LDView did not load the file properly and produced a hell lot of errors. When looking into the file I had literally thousands of lines just stating a position of 0, 0, 0 and "part unknown" the file explodes form 148k to 3 megabytes.

I noticed the following:
- Even if I have a completed LSYNTH in the file, another run of LSYNTH goes over it and generates the "empty" lines
- This seem to happen only for the "PNEUMATIC HOSE BEVELED", these sections get the additional lines
- no additional lines were added to the "Hose Rigid" and the "PF Cable"

Does anybody know why this is the case?

- I use as constraints for the "Hose Rigid" only the LS01 constraint
- for the PF-Cable only the LS06
- but for the Pneumatic Beveled, I use for the start the LS01 and for the guidance the LS02 constraints.

Now I did some experiements with stand alone files, I noticed:
-> I used only the same constraints for each part
-> Each time I press "Execute LSYNTH" I get an additional set of "SYNTH SYNTHESIZED BEGIN/END" statements
-> This a bit inconvenient but does not add to the filesize significantly
BUT
-> When I do a LSYNTH for a piece having different start/end than middle pieces I get havoc.
-> The first of "Execute LSYNTH" is fine
-> each other pass of "Execute LSYNTH" produces thousands of lines with "1 4294967295 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 Unknown"

Do I have some problem in the set-up or why is LSYNTH doing this to me?

Thansk in advance

Gerald
Re: LSYNTH generating additional lines
When I build models with LSynth-parts, I create the hoses, wires one by one. That means when I have finished the first one, I delete all Meta-Commands for this part. The result is just a bunch of constraints, that I'll comment out to get them invisible but available for later changes AND the LSynth-Hose/Wire.
I can remember that I did a simple wire for the hook of 8258 and the file size had grown up 1.5 MB...
Feel free to have a look into my uploaded technic sets.

/Max
It would help enormously if you could post the file you've used - better both the one with the constraints as well as the synthesises.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
FOUND THE PROBLEM! at least part of it...

I did not want to give in after readiung your post so I did a lot of trial and error.

What I found so far is the following:

- If the LSYNTH.MPD has the following definition, i get the additional lines:
0 SYNTH BEGIN DEFINE TECHNIC_PNEUMATIC_HOSE_BEVELED HOSE STRETCH 12 30 0
1 16 0 -16 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 LS22.dat
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS23.dat
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS22.dat
0 SYNTH END

- If I remove either of the "16" at the start of the line it is good, no additional lines *)
0 SYNTH BEGIN DEFINE TECHNIC_PNEUMATIC_HOSE_BEVELED HOSE STRETCH 12 30 0
1 0 0 -16 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 LS22.dat
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS23.dat
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS22.dat
0 SYNTH END
*) I get two lines more, SYNTHESIZED BEGIN/END, but empty between those lines.

I noticed also that other parts produce additional lines if LSYNTH is run again, e.g. the Strin, however it will produce only one line with a part that is "0" in size at "0"

Gerald
yes, true!

Here is the original:
0 SYNTH BEGIN TECHNIC_PNEUMATIC_HOSE_BEVELED 16
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 -245 112 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS02.dat
1 0 55 -16 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 LS02.dat
0 SYNTH SHOW
0 SYNTH END

Run LSYNTH over it and the first time it will be fine.

You run it again ýou get the additional lines, tons of them.

As I wrote in my reply to Max, it looks like the definitions in LSYNTH.MPD have an influence on it. Same result with the TECHNIC AXLE FLEXIBLE

Gerald
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »