LPub 4 for Mac

LPub 4 for Mac
I have a couple questions.

1. Where is the best place to notify Lpub developers of bugs? Should we just email Kevin directly?

2. The Edit -> Add Text menu option is always greyed out for me (On an "inserted coverpage" where I have already added a picture it does not allow me to add text). What is LPUB command to add it manually?

I think that is for now

Thanks!

Chris Eyerly
Re: LPub 4 for Mac
Aloha,

In my copy of LPub it works. It might be because I compiled it myself from the source in cvs.

Here it is: <http://db.tt/cGaJGn2a>.

Ramón
Thanks!

Your version does work. I also used this as an opportunity to download the sourcecode and am build it myself. We'll see how that turns out.

Thanks again for the help!

Chris
Can I ask what version of QT and MacOSX you used to compile? I followed these directions:

http://www.mastincrosbie.com/Marks_LEGO_...XCode.html

with QT 4.7.4 and Xcode 3.2.6 on Mac os 10.6.8. I ended up with a dmg file that was 23MB (considerably larger than yours or the one from Sourceforge), and it won't run. It quits unexpectedly after pointing it to the LDview install.

I am using your copy just fine. I'm just trying to see of there is an easy fix to build it myself.

Chris
Aloha,

I used exactly the same instructions and setup you used. Weird.

Ramón
OK, to answer the first question.
The add text option does not work in either the latest Mac version 4.0.0.10 and Windows 4.0.0.11.
It has been fixed in the current development version 4.0.0.12.

Compiling LPub for Mac requires to edit some code first (I think).
Perhaps Ramón can share his version?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Jaco,

I'm not a developer, so I wouldn't even have a clue as to where to begin to troubleshoot. Ramón did share a link in a previous message in the thread to a compiled version of 4.0.0.12. It seems to be working well for me. I'd love to know what needs to be edited (if anything) to get it to compile, but I would definitely need some instruction on that.

Chris
I do not exactly know either and I cannot run QT on my Macbook.
There are some "#ifdef __APPLE__" comments in the code, perhaps these have something to do with it.
I am glad I got the Windows QT to work and compile ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »