DATHeader 3.0.17.1 - released

DATHeader 3.0.17.1 - released
Based on an idea of Magnus Forsberg [MagFors] I have updated DATHeader.

There are often linetype 1 lines that calls a flat subfile. But the matrix of that line also contains scaling of that file in the flat direction. This does not affect in any way the visual appearance of the whole model/part, but it is not a good coding.

DATHeader now detects this (if the reference file that is called is in the searchpath) and also can correct this.

Because this is not a real error I have not marked this as error that needs a hold vote.

If you have any other wish for DATHeader, please let me know and I am looking what can be done.

You can download DATHeader as usually from DATHeader homepage.

cu
mikeheide
Re: DATHeader 3.0.17.1 - released
Thank you Mike for your ongoing efforts to improve DATHeader.

It is allways fun to see how a simple question turns into a new feature.
I hope that this one is not seen as an obstacle, but as yet another tool, helping us to write good code.
Scaled, flat primitives is unfortunately a common result in many design processes, after complex primitives,
such as cylo's, cylc's, beamholes, axles, connholes and pegholes, being inlined into more basic primitives.
Thanks for your words. I try to optimize my applications to get the best result from our best guys - part authors. Without them all our work is nothing.
DATHeader 3.0.17.2 - bugfix
Hi, it seems that is version 3.0.17.1 I build a bug into DATHeader.

The optimization function "triangle to quad" failed and made wrong results.

With the current version 3.0.17.2 this bug is now fixed.

Download the new version like usual from its homepage
Could you implement a method, that will auto detect decimals with leading or trailing zeros and give a warning afterwards? Thanks!
Please see: http://www.ldraw.org/article/512.html#format

/Max
How LDPartEditor deals with this
LDPartEditor gives you a warning, if a flat subfile was scaled in the flat direction and can fix this too.
Addtionally, I implemented a mechanism, which prevents scaling in flat directions within the 3D editor of LPE.
DATHeader 3.0.17.4 - bugfix
Hi, it seems that in version 3.0.17.3 I build a bug into DATHeader.

The optimization function "delete unneccessary INVERTNEXT command" failed and made wrong results.

With the current version 3.0.17.4 this bug is now fixed.

Download the new version like usual from its homepage
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »