Model parts inventory?

Model parts inventory?
I'm looking for a solution to generate a html parts list of a model. LDView would be perfect, if only it could generate local thumbnails... Thanks in advance for any solution Wink
Re: Model parts inventory?
Hi

I do not know if this can be useful:

Open the html file generated by Ldview in your browser and then save the page with the option "Save complete web page". Now you can find a new file html and a folder with images.
Good idea, but doesn't help... the problem is the parts (unofficial or custom) for which LDView doesn't link to an image, but to a page on Peeron.
That should be possible. I have not spend much time in generating parts lists, as LDView does a good job on this.
But what is the process you like to do?
f.e.
1) Build the model as ldr file (or maybe mpd file).
2) Use this file and generate a html page for that (what content should this side have? part no., description???)
3) Generate from the ldr file / or generate from the html page the thumbnails. (size choosable??, Where to store that files??)

Many Questions, I know, but only if we know (as precise as possible) what you want to do we can think about that too Smile
Michael Heidemann Wrote:LDView does a good job on this.
Totally agree except that it has no local thumbnail generation. So overall the basic logic should and options should be the same.

Quote:1) Build the model as ldr file (or maybe mpd file).
Yes...
Quote:2) Use this file and generate a html page for that (what content should this side have? part no., description???)
Like LDview, Thumbnail, part number, description, color and quantity. Order of the columns and having the choice of existence for any of them like does LDView is great, but sorting parts according one or more criteria (eg. according to part description) would be even better...
Quote:3) Generate from the ldr file / or generate from the html page the thumbnails. (size choosable??, Where to store that files??)
Yes, hopefully thumbnail size should be choosable (possibly orientation too, but that's less needed). html storing should default to ldr file folder, I'd put images together in a subfolder.
Grr....
I just realized that I stopped development of Inventory in MPDCenter because I did not what to double the same feature that already exists in LDView.
So I would have first to fix the issues with the inventory detection and then create the html page and the thumbnails.
No - I go the other way, so maybe it already does what you need.
MPDCenter will be updated soon Smile
Ready to test as soon as you have something Wink
It should be soon ready for all Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »