How to solve errror in LDView?

How to solve errror in LDView?
When I run LDView to show my mod file, I got error as below, what can I do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Re: How to solve errror in LDView?
Alle the "Error loading submodel....." are simply files that LDView could not find.
Please recheck the setting for pathes in LDView and remember how LDView works. I think you placed your own files in a folder that is not recognized by LDView.
Michael Heidemann Wrote:Alle the "Error loading submodel....." are simply files that LDView could not find.
Please recheck the setting for pathes in LDView and remember how LDView works. I think you placed your own files in a folder that is not recognized by LDView.
All my parts files are put inside folder of Bricksmith....
You have to set the LDraw library directory for LDView to match the one you use in Bricksmith. To do this, do the following:
  • In Bricksmith, bring up Preferences (Cmd+,)
  • The LDraw folder path should already be highlighted, but if not, highlight it.
  • Hit Cmd+C to copy the path into the Clipboard.
  • In LDView, bring up Preferences (Cmd+,)
  • Go to the LDraw tab.
  • The LDraw folder path should already be highlighted, but if not, highlight it.
  • Hit Cmd+V to paste the path from Bricksmith.
  • Hit OK.
Based on your later post in another thread, it sounds like your problem isn't that LDView and Bricksmith have different LDraw directories, but that your LDraw library on you Mac isn't up-to-date. My instructions to have LDView look for library updates will hopefully solve your problem.
Travis Cobbs Wrote:You have to set the LDraw library directory for LDView to match the one you use in Bricksmith. To do this, do the following:
  • In Bricksmith, bring up Preferences (Cmd+,)
  • Hit Cmd+C to copy the path into the Clipboard.
  • In LDView, bring up Preferences (Cmd+,)
  • Go to the LDraw tab.
  • Hit Cmd+V to paste the path from Bricksmith.
  • Hit OK.
Though I never run Bricksmith, today I execute it and I found the path of Ldraw is the same as in LDview, they are /Applications/Bricksmith/LDraw.
You stated that all your part files were in a Bricksmith folder. I'm sorry, but I find it unbelievable for you to state that in one post, and then in a lower post say you've never run Bricksmith, and yet expect people to actually be able to help you.

First, verify that LDView is set to automatically check ldraw.org for missing parts (Updates tab of LDView's preferences). I don't know if the parts you're having problems with are unofficial or not.

Next, download the latest complete.zip from ldraw.org and extract it somewhere in your home folder, where you know that you will have full write access. Next, point any LDraw-based software you use at the newly created LDraw folder. If LDView claims that you are up-to-date, yet you're getting these problems, that probably means that either your LDraw library is corrupt, or that LDView can't write to your LDraw folder, so its automatic download of unofficial parts is failing. Either way, downloading a clean LDraw library, and storing it in your home folder should fix the problem.
Travis Cobbs Wrote:You stated that all your part files were in a Bricksmith folder. I'm sorry, but I find it unbelievable for you to state that in one post, and then in a lower post say you've never run Bricksmith, and yet expect people to actually be able to help you.

First, verify that LDView is set to automatically check ldraw.org for missing parts (Updates tab of LDView's preferences). I don't know if the parts you're having problems with are unofficial or not.

Next, download the latest complete.zip from ldraw.org and extract it somewhere in your home folder, where you know that you will have full write access. Next, point any LDraw-based software you use at the newly created LDraw folder. If LDView claims that you are up-to-date, yet you're getting these problems, that probably means that either your LDraw library is corrupt, or that LDView can't write to your LDraw folder, so its automatic download of unofficial parts is failing. Either way, downloading a clean LDraw library, and storing it in your home folder should fix the problem.
I got the correct result after copy p folder on MLCad to Brucksmith, thanks a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »