Tool to solve torus problems

Tool to solve torus problems
I know there is great tool ring and cons, for working with Rings, and Cones, but i had problem with torus, is there tool to colculate toruses?
Re: Tool to solve torus problems
I wrote an Excel file...it is Vera simple made. maybe somebody can adapt it to an commandline version. For the moment I have no time to write it by myself :-(
I can send you the excel file or attach it here. if you like...

/Max
ok, attach it here i will try to use it
Ok, here is a very simple calculation program... When I find the time, I'll try to write it as a commandline program.
(The original file extension is: .xls)

/Max

Attached Files
.dat   toricalc.dat (Size: 23.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
thanks, but i do not understand how toruses work. I attache file where i need replace dat with primitive, it has 2,5 inside radius, and 10 outside. Using you tool i got t04o6000.dat from primgen, and when I used this primitive outer radius was great , but inner was not.

Attached Files
.dat   5.dat (Size: 21.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
Hehe, this was a bit tricky ;-)
What you need here is a reverse ratio tori.
If you use your outer radius of 10 and you now your inner radius is at 2.5, than it is a space of 7.5 LDU between.
Now you have to substract 7.5 from 2.5 . You will get -5 as an "imaginary real inner radius".
So you have to type 10 for the outer radius and -5 for the inner one in my excel sheet.
You will get Major: 2,5 and Minor: 7.5 -> Multiply by 2 you get 5 and 15. Just put these values in PrimGen2 and you will receive: r04o3000.dat
Fill the your rotation matrix with the major radius to stretch it the right way
Code:
1 0 -12.1 -8.562 0 2.5 0 0 0 -2.5 0 0 0 2.5 r04o3000.dat
Please note, that you have to find a value for the high by yourself. (I did by try and error - but I will think about a calculation solution in the evening) 3.5 for y seems to work. I don't know for the moment. Just try it!
Stupid me - found a solution... Just calculate your high (in your example: 10.515 LDU and devide it by the ratio in this case) - you will get 3.505

/Max
thanks a lot
You're wolcome.

I'll install a compiler and give a try to write such a programme.

/Max
Here is a somewhat beta version of a programme I wrote for this purpose.
I hope the calculation is correct in every case.

Just type, which torus you want and input its inner and outer radius.

Feel free, to report any bugs.
Next steps: exclude negative and wrong values for the input and add a calculator for y-scaling of tori.

(Please remove the .dat to use this programme)

/Max

Attached Files
.dat   ToriCalc.exe.dat (Size: 7.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
It seems that if you make several calculations the programs keeps major/minor radii of 1st calculation... Calculated ratio is correct nonetheless.
I will check this. I found the problem. The inner calculation was right, but there was a boolean, that wasn't reset when restart the calculation. Will be gone in the next version. I have also implement that the programme don't except negative values for the inner radius and checks if the outer radius is greater than the inner one.
Nevertheless I hope, that I can implement a y-scale area today, after this there will be more bug fixing (if necessary) and maybe I make a GUI, too.

/Max
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »