Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.

Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
A summation of bug reports and feature requests.
Please do not reply to this topic with suggestions. Instead post them as a separate topic.

Requests:
  • Reinstitute the Model of the Month, Scene of the Month, and other contests
  • Have an Official Model Repository module

Known Bugs:
  • None, yet
Re: Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
I think I like the new CMS better. Previous site wasn't always clear to read.

Typo: While I don't like nitpicking about petty typos, I want to save you from people giggling because of the irony in "Qualitiy and Brand" Wink
Re: Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
Unless we can get volunteers to take over I'd rather not implement the contests. We have no voting module, it's a lot of work for the webmasters, and few people enter them (aside from POTM).

With the new forums there's an awful lot of gratitude on show for parts, especially hard ones, so unlike LUGNET there is clear reward Smile I like this very much.

Tim
Fixed. Please keep spelling nitpicks coming and if they're in a really obvious place (like this one) please highlight it as important. I don't mind a typo in a long article but our menus should be spelled right!

Tim
This is just a wishlist. I'm not saying it's going to happen any time soon and when it does it'll be way more automated than it was.
I'm expressing my wish too Wink

Tim
Feature:
Uploader to enable programmers to add links to their progs.

Bugs:
The page editor does not show bullets or numbered lists in WYSIWYG mode (checked with IE and FF).

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Willy Tschager Wrote:Bugs:
The page editor does not show bullets or numbered lists in WYSIWYG mode (checked with IE and FF).
w.

How do you use this WYSIWYG mode? I never even knew it existed?
Hmm ... so you haven't set "MicroTiny" in:

Code:
My Preferences > User Preferences > Select WYSIWYG to use:

to get this:

[Image: MicroTiny.png]

Orion are there other WYSIWYG editor modules available?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thanks Willy. Tried and it annoyed me so back to HTML.

Tim
The only advantage it has is the link editor.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Not really a request but I noticed the 'old' download page now causes a 404

http://www.ldraw.org/Downloads-req-viewd...cid-1.html

This page might be linked to by many 3rd party sites as means of 'get the lib here', so it might be a good thing to redirect this url to a new location.

Although there doesn't seem to be a replacement page online jet (page with raw lib downloads only). Maybe redirect to

http://www.ldraw.org/help/getting-started.html

And later adjust to a better page?
@Orion Re: Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
I agree.

Tim
I was wondering why the complete.zip is still a zip?

Cause, while waiting for some progressbars I repacked the complete.zip contents to kill some time:

zip on site: ~19MB
rar (max compress, solid): ~14MB
7zip (max compress): ~11MB

So switching archive kind could save quite some bandwidth.

Just wondering Smile
I would assume because zip is the most widely recognized compression format and natively supported by both Windows and OSX while rar and 7zip are not
Totally agree, zip is the only format that won't require to install something on most OSes.
I'd like to add that LDView's automatic LDraw library install requires complete.zip to be a zip. More specifically, it requires an entry in the following CGI output to have a release_type of COMPLETE, a file_format of ZIP, and that URL that the entry points to be a zip file:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreleases....e-url-size
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/catkeyfaq/ still has an old-style link to the Library Header spec (http://www.ldraw.org/Article398.html)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »