Texture Mapping extension

Re: Texture Mapping extension
Alex Taylor Wrote:1. Are there any meta-commands which may not appear in the geometry sections? Is, for example, nesting !TEXMAP blocks in the same file supported?

NOFILE aborts the texture. I am proposing that STEP will also implicitly abort it. http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...90#pid6390 If there are any other metas which have multiline "scope," they should not overlap a texture. I can't think of any at the moment though.

Nesting is supported according to the spec, but really, why would you want to? (I haven't implemented support for it yet.)

Quote:2. Is there any intention that the texture-image paths should support absolute filepaths? We do support these for type-1 lines (although that doesn't necessarily mean we need to for textures).

In the interest of cross-platform compatibility and relocation on the local filesystem, I would personally discourage the use of absolute paths. I don't actually support them for Type 1 lines myself.

Quote:3. Is it the case that you use either geometry1+geometry3 or geometry2, or can you use geometry2 in combination with either of the others?

geometry1 and geometry3 are mutually exclusive when drawing the file. Geometry2 (geometry not prefixed with !Smile will be displayed unconditionally, so yes, you may use it with either of the others.

Quote:4. The description states that "If an END command given in a sub file stops the use of a texture specified in a calling file, then that texture will be restored to use when the sub file is exited." Does this mean that you can use "0 !TEXMAP END" in a file without it being preceded (in the same file) by an "0 !TEXMAP START"?

Don't do it!

Again, see my proposal at http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...90#pid6390

Allen

P.S. I have no idea what the answer to your question about units is. I hope someone steps forward to answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Texture Mapping extension - by Tim Gould - 2012-04-14, 22:08
Re: Texture Mapping extension - by Allen Smith - 2012-10-25, 21:22
Re: Texture Mapping extension - by Tim Gould - 2012-11-15, 22:51
Re: Texture Mapping extension - by Tim Gould - 2012-11-30, 21:55