Color questions (was: 3816ps5 Minifig Leg Right with SW Gunbelt Pattern)

Re: Custom Colors in Patterned Parts
Unless there is an official policy change stating that custom colors should be defined inside patterned parts, I'm not even going to look at it in LDView. I know that fixing this problem is a big undertaking, which is why I haven't fixed it before now, even though I've known about the problem for a long time. I'm not going to devote the time necessary for a fix unless it is clearly needed.

Note: I don't have a problem in principal with Scott's suggestion of putting the color definitions inside the pattern sub-parts, so if other people agree with him that this is the proper thing to do, and the LSC agrees, I'll go along with the decision, and then endeavor to update LDView. However, since three different software authors (including myself) have already piped in to say that they don't support proper scoping of colors, and I don't think anyone has tested MLCad's behavior, it could well be that it's not the right thing to do solely because the tools just don't support it.

My preference would be to allow pattern-specific colors to be placed in LDConfig.ldr when those colors have a special finish, and only when they have a special finish.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Custom Colors in Patterned Parts - by Travis Cobbs - 2012-04-25, 17:13