New and updated Mursten-era parts

RE: New and updated Mursten-era parts
(2021-06-07, 7:15)Willy Tschager Wrote: I simply don't think it is worth renaming all the existing patterns. Just go on from here for the missing patterns and add the ribs accordingly.

BTW. https://www.ldraw.org/parts/official-par...tid=925p03 has 3 ribs.

w.

I would agree. Probably all of the existing patterns for 925 are perfectly correct to appear on the 3-rib version. The 2-rib was first, but only by about a year, so the two would have been used simultaneously for a while. Only a very few rare patterns, if any, would have been found on only the 2-rib version. All others would have been seen on both the 2 and the 3, or for later patterns, on the 3-rib and the post-bottom versions.

I would like, however, to use the 2-rib subfile for the new patterns I'm doing—"købmand" and "slagter", and the serif "garage" that isn't done yet—since these are meant to represent the earliest available versions. Will those need to be (re)numbered as 925apxx, or can they keep 925pxx? Is there precedent for patterned parts continuing to use a plain base number after it has been split into a and b variants?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New and updated Mursten-era parts - by N. W. Perry - 2021-06-07, 12:26