New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82

RE: New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82
(2021-11-09, 0:23)Milan Vančura Wrote: Thank you, Matthew, for this piece of SW. It works surprisingly well - at least for import. (I did not try any export yet.) With import, I must say I was impressed: the plugin speed, the correct handling of unofficial parts, LDCAD hoses and strings working perfectly. And steps converted to the animation is a wonderful addition! Also submodels converted to Blender groups - great idea, it helps in some situations like with models containing buffer exchange commands, see below.

As usually, you know them - users :-) - I also have two things which do not work as I expected:

1. BUFFER EXCHANGE commands aren't supported. Is it even possible in blender?

2. Trans Black color (and maybe other transparent colors than Trans Clear) is almost opaque. I tried to debug the issue and cannot see any reason for this: the ALPHA parameter of the color is read correctly, I even tried to set it to some very low value like 10 or 4. It makes some effect but even then the Trans Black window is very opaque, like if alpha=160, my estimation.
It might be that I'm too green greenhorn in blender but I'd say all the scene and lights are correct - other models are rendered correctly.

I'm sorry for the huge delay in response. The alerts for ldraw forum posts go to my spam so I miss them.

Thank you for the kind words. I put a lot of work into the things you mentioned and it's great knowing people benefit from that work.

Can you post a screenshot of the colors issue you're having? It's possible you have an older version of the plugin that was darkening everything too much due to a math/logic error. The colors are now much brighter and more in line with what other tools show.

I'll have to read more into buffer exchange. That's the first I've heard of it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82 - by Matthew Morrison - 2021-12-16, 20:06