LDraw.org 2020-01 Parts Update Now Available

RE: LDraw.org 2020-01 Parts Update Now Available
(2020-06-29, 21:23)Roland Melkert Wrote: The name change sits in the LDraw root folder, imho this shouldn't influence the part lookup handling.

On a case sensitive system the only thing in need of change is the LDraw library location path option itself as it points to the wrong location when using ldraw.

So if a user unzips complete.zip it will create LDraw alongside the existing ldraw one, while all tools will keep pointing to the ldraw one.

On Windows it will just merge with the existing one if any.

Tools using complete.zip as is might have problems though, if they are looking for a hardcoded ldraw subfolder.

LDCad will use the first (recursive) subfolder containing a parts and or p folder, it doesn't care how the folder is named.

LDView's part lookups should work fine.

However, LDView's code that automatically downloads and automatically updates the LDraw library assumes that all files inside both complete.zip and all the update zips will be located inside a directory named "ldraw". If those zips didn't have a directory name at all, then things would be fine. I would have just unzipped them into whatever the user chose as their LDraw directory. But since they do (and always have) put the files in a subdirectory, changing that directory name will almost certainly completely break my auto-install and auto-update functionality any time the LDraw directory is on a case-sensitive file system. (Note: I haven't actually tested this, since I don't personally have a working Linux install. But I am almost positive that it will not work.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw.org 2020-01 Parts Update Now Available - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-06-30, 18:14