LDCAD compass location

RE: LDCAD compass location
(2018-09-08, 18:28)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 2:25)Kathleen Kampf Wrote: I have gotten through your tutorial doc. I have a basic understanding. I've been modeling rubber belts with success, THANK YOU very much. I actually need to make a figure 8 to go around two 1/2 bushes. In fact, the "x" section of it has to currve outside of 1 beam. Yah, it's kind of a fussy job. The figure 8 is what I really need the most help wiith. I accidently got an X when I was initially learning this. But, I don't know how it happened. Thanks for your help. This little job is the reason I began the LDCAD tutorial.

You can make a cross by reversing one of the two circle guidance points wrapping direction. This is done by editing its properties (enter while selected, or click the coordinate panel).

But if you are a perfectionist this might not be good enough as the band will physically cross itself.

You can improve that by positioning a couple of extra bezier guidance points like in the below image.

Thanks, I tried this today. I was able to form my figure 8 but, part of it appears flat like tape and another portion looks wrinkled. I am happy it's twisted now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCAD compass location - by Kathleen Kampf - 2018-09-03, 19:34
RE: LDCAD compass location - by Owen Dive - 2018-09-04, 7:20
RE: LDCAD compass location - by Kathleen Kampf - 2018-09-21, 19:51