[LDPartEditor] 0.8.29 Beta Released

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.29 Beta Released
(2017-03-06, 8:45)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ...and a wish for today: add a keyboard shortcut (F seems free) for Flip/Rotate vertices!
 +1

(2017-03-06, 8:45)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Also made the pattern on the shoes (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...380p01.dat) using LDPE. LPC is almost helpless here since the pattern is wrapped around the 3D object. Previously I used Meshmixer to create this kind of  pattern, here I used only LDPE: triangle split/flip/coloring and vertices position adjustement (after making the manipulator more or less aligned with mesh surface), till the pattern visually looks like the real thing.

Could you please describe your work process, Philo? 
I made an atempt to make the pattern on the feet in this part using only one picture.
.dat   20380p02.dat (Size: 4.1 KB / Downloads: 1)
I used an uncoloured subfile as a"canvas", to have something to draw on.
Next step would be to start replacing all the surfaces, one by one, so that I don't loose the shape of the foot.

(2017-03-06, 8:45)Nils Schmidt Wrote:
  • ...use a tool that creates a vertex on line intersection.
  • ...use a "Create Copy" button for the transformation tools (translate / rotate / scale selection / set X,Y,Z)
  • ...see the manipulator while using the transformation tools (translate / rotate / scale selection / set X,Y,Z)
  • ...set the translation to the manipulator position (translate selection)
  • ...use "Set x/y/z" to set the origin of subfiles and primitives to x/y/z

I still find it difficult to move a "new" vertice along the edge of a tri/quad. Moving a vertice on the surface is easy.
Here, I had to use merge to edge/face a lot.

How am I suposed to use the new dialogs under the Merge/Split button? (Set XYZ/Translate/Rotate/Scale)
They seem to be connected to the Manipulator, but I cant figure out how to use them.

How do I use the line intersection tool?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.29 Beta Released - by Magnus Forsberg - 2017-03-12, 16:30
"Ytruder" is done - by Nils Schmidt - 2017-03-28, 22:17
RE: "Ytruder" is done - by Philippe Hurbain - 2017-03-29, 7:44