LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)
(2016-07-04, 7:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Great news! Started to play with it a bit...
- My Avast antivirus complained that these files (both 32 and 64b) are very unusual (as far as I guess, means that local AV software can't analyse them) and that they were sent to Avast labs for further analysis... (Edit: a few hours later, got a notification that the file was sound Wink )
That's the first time that has happened as far I know. It's hard to say what the problem is given such a vague description though. Maybe they just don't like the filesize or something.

(2016-07-04, 7:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: - What is the potential benefit of 64 bit version? faster? even bigger LDraw files editable?
The 64bit version is about 5% faster rendering wise on my setup. The exe is slightly smaller but it uses more memory. The main selling point of 64 bit versions is the option to use the full system memory pool but LDCad isn't that hungry to begin with (I haven't seen it using more then 500MB unless you are loading really large models). So in the end it's just the 5% boost I guess Smile

(2016-07-04, 7:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Indeed! one little caveat though, looks like selecting an axle by the middle is impossible, I guess because there is no vertex there? (Edit: after applying to real model building, area select proves very useful!)
Yes after some larger chunk tests, it tests every vertex of the part until at least one is inside the region's frustum. That method gives the least (zero) false positives.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2016-07-04, 20:45