Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored

Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored
I feel bad because this is my second "Help" post in the space of one week, but I really want to get this project completed!

I am trying to render a model with several translucent pieces, one being a large Medium-Orange Windscreen. When rendered, this piece and others are terribly discolored, almost to the point where it looks like I didn't even select a color close to the one I intended.

The pieces that are having trouble are:
Windsreen 4 x 7 x 2 Rounded Pionted - Colored Trans Neon Orange
Plate 1 x 1 Round - Colored Trans Neon Orange
Cone 1 x 1 - Colored Trans Light Blue
Dish 3 x 3 Inverted - Colored Trans Light Blue
Plate 1 x 1 Round - Colored Trans Light Blue
Brick 1 x 1 - Colored Trans Medium Blue

The Trans Neon Orange pieces appear bright neon yellow, the Trans Light Blue pieces appear almost colorless, and the Trans Medium Blue appears light blue.

I thought at first it may have been my original color choices, but even after changing to Trans Orange, Trans Medium Blue, and Trans Dark Blue, everything still looks funky.

I found only one article about discoloration in POV-Ray, and it suggested some lines added to the head of the file dealing with gamma adjustments. They didn't seem to help much. I have also tried rendering with a configuration other than the normal light setup, using area lights and jitter, but still no change.

This was with the original colors and light settings:

This was with the switched colors and adjusted light settings:

What am I doing wrong?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored - by Tanner S. - 2016-04-30, 14:29