New moulds with hollow studs and inner stopper ring

RE: New moulds with hollow studs and inner stopper ring
(2023-04-08, 16:02)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I made some more versions based on my real parts:

also see here: https://rebrickable.com/parts/3660/slope...tud-holes/

- 3660c: normal hollow stud and flat bottom pin and ridges
- 3660d: medium hole and round bottom pin (this version has a wider lip than the others)
- 3660e: small hole and round bottom pin
- 3660f: small hole and flat bottom pin

in addition to the existing ones:

- 3660a: normal hollow stud and round bottom pin (does this variant even exist in reality?)
- 3660b: stopper ring and flat bottom pin and ridges (this is the newer version, i only have this in dark bluish grey, 3660c only in old dark grey)

Based on that the c and f are the most common old versions we should check our printed versions (they are mostly with the b version which is too modern for the prints).

Using the Rebrickable page as a base, I made this image.

I think we should use Flat Bottom Pin, or just Flat Pin. Flat Pin was used on the Plate 1x2, 3023a.dat.
I want to change the description of 76959 to "... with Hollow Bottom Pin". (btw. the subfile is also missing "... without Front Face").
And we should add the missing hollow pin design in 76959. We can't have it in the description and then not model it.

I also think Rene is correct. The a-version doesn't exist. Rebrickable have the best summary and it only has 5 versions. Not 6.
So how should we handle our a-version?
I suggest that we change 3660a to use the design in e-version, and move f-version to 3660e.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New moulds with hollow studs and inner stopper ring - by Magnus Forsberg - 2023-10-24, 21:37