LDCad 1.4b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.4b Documentation (hoses etc)
Thanks for those very kind words Milan,

Milan Vančura Wrote:1. to be able to modify LDraw parts as MLCAD knows - but this is questionable, doesn't it make better sense to use a special tool for that? My opinion is that only a part of it is needed - what's the next point:
I think e.g. LDPartEditor is indeed much better suited for this. I did consider adding some part reviewing tools in the 'view' mode though.

Milan Vančura Wrote:2. to be able to edit snapping data comfortably - directly from the editor, visually
This is actually pending for 1.5 as I need it myself to continue adding info to the official parts more efficiently.

Milan Vančura Wrote:3. to know the basics of physics or model logic - like SR3D Builder knew: to be able to bend a hinge including parts snapped to it, or to be able to turn gears if (and only if!) they are in the correct position for that. This is great feature not only for advanced editing but also for model checking (that everything fits at correct positions).
This is a very complicated feature and forces some restrictions upon the model (probably the reason SR3D doesn't like overlapping parts or submodels). My current goal is to allow this through scripting (plugins) but I don't know if it ever will be possible to write an auto solver that way without forcing restrictions onto the model's construction.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-01-28, 23:04
LDCad 1.4b Documentation - by Roland Melkert - 2015-02-14, 23:54
Re: LDCad 1.4b Documentation (hoses etc) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-07-28, 18:46
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-02-15, 6:39
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-04-01, 9:50
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-03-13, 10:48