Exporting Ldraw to Blender 3d and other 3d software problems

Re: Exporting Ldraw to Blender 3d and other 3d software
The LDView website has an email address for LDView-related email that goes to me. I usually respond to emails sent to me within 24 hours. Having said that, people demanding immediate attention are likely to be ignored for a week or so while I calm down. LDView is, after all, free, and something I work on purely as a hobby.

As it turns out, LDView's 3DS export has a lot of problems. Unfortunately, since I'm using a 3rd-party library to create the files, I'm seriously limited in what I can do to fix it. I do have one fix that I have added since LDView 4.1 was released, and I can send you a link to an LDView build including that fix if you send an email to the LDView email address ([email protected]).

My future plan to work around the problems with 3DS is to add OBJ export to LDView. The OBJ format is purely text, and is quite simple. Exported files will be huge, since OBJ doesn't appear to support reuse of components, but they should at least work.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Exporting Ldraw to Blender 3d and other 3d software - by Travis Cobbs - 2011-11-23, 16:01