LDraw data files at Brickset

Re: LDraw data files at Brickset
It's me who's uploading the LDraw models to Brickset.
At the moment, I'm uploading my own models and models from a few top authors at the EuroBricks LDraw sets topic (with their permission).

I really considered making all LDraw models OMR, but I decided not to do that (yet). Simply because I don't have the time to modify all the headers. And, because according to the OMR standard (as far as I know), if the set is only 1 thing (for example, only 1 plane), it should be a .ldr and not a .mpd with submodels. However, a lot of the models are made with a bunch of submodels (for example a submodel for the tail, a submodel for the door etc. etc.). It's not OMR, but in my opinion it would be a waste if only I wouldn't share the file, just because it's not completely OMR.

And, another thing is that, in this case user C3POwen, is doing the same thing as above (a bunch of submodels), but with a reason: he has made special rotation points, so that you can easily open up a door, or move an arm, just by rotating the submodel. You should download one of his models to see what I mean.

Or am I misinterpreting the OMR?

Anyway, if you have any questions or comments (either positive or negative), feel free to post them here Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Merlijn Wissink - 2014-11-01, 8:40
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Steffen - 2014-11-02, 17:49
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Steffen - 2014-11-15, 14:36
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Steffen - 2014-11-15, 14:42
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Nicola - 2014-11-04, 11:08
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Steffen - 2014-12-04, 22:15
Re: LDraw data files at Brickset - by Nicola - 2014-12-15, 10:54