LDCad 1.4 Beta 2 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.4 Beta 2 (win+linux)
Ok, I've played a bit with LDCad and I have to say I quite like it and it looks very promising.
A few things I've found a bit annoying so far (and remember, I've only used it for about an hour now, so some of these things are just annoying because I'm new to it):
- I'd like to have a base/floor grid. I quite like the grid that moves, but a floor that would stay in place whatever camera position I'm at would be very nice, especially when at the start of building something, I can get quite confused about that's on top and what's at the bottom.
- I don't like the way you control the camera. I know the camera control as it is now is very normal, but still, I don't like it. SR3D Builder also as this camera control as default, but it has a setting to use "LDD-like" camera control and I like that so much more. I've tried to use this type for camera control in SR3D Builder for quite some time, but I wasn't able to use it as easy and as quickly as the "LDD-like" one. And, more importantly, can get quite dizzy with this type of camera control. I have no idea why....
- It would be nice if it would automaticly color the selected bricks when I select another color.

Other than those (personal) things, I haven't found anything that just doesn't work (bugs). Again, it looks very nice to me and I'm definitely trying to get more used to it Smile

Btw, thanks for the tip to use + in the parts bin, that was exactly what I was looking for!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.4 Beta 2 (win+linux) - by Merlijn Wissink - 2014-10-19, 13:33