LDraw.org 2011-02 Parts Update Now Available

Re: LDraw.org 2011-02 Parts Update Now Available
Woo hoo!

Many thanks to everybody involved.

What is the true state of currently non-CA files. IIRC last time I checked there were three, and now there are five?

According to http://www.ldraw.org/Article592.html, 3626bps8 still needs to be rewritten, but it's one of the parts in this update! So what's going on. This page lists "Priority Non-CA Parts" but according to the file header, 32125 (on that page) has already been rewritten! (although its subpart has not).

I am terribly confused.

If there are parts that still need to be completely rewritten that nobody is already working on, I would gladly attempt to do so myself because then I wouldn't need to worry about "redistributing" the non-ca parts when somebody wants to view them from my web-based ldraw software (I can't simply have them loaded directly from ldraw.org because of the same origin policy, and the distinction between a caching proxy script and a file mirror gets very legally shady very fast as far as I can understand it) not to mention the huge sigh of relief finally having the whole ca rewrite thing over with would undoubtedly bring to at-least a few other people; after all, it's been, what, 7 years now?

Also, in the updates page... 2011-01 is listed twice, and there's no 2011-02 Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDraw.org 2011-02 Parts Update Now Available - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-29, 10:56