New and updated Mursten-era parts

RE: New and updated Mursten-era parts
(2021-06-06, 2:35)N. W. Perry Wrote: I am working on a number of parts from the very early years that are either missing from the library or in need of revision. A number of issues arise about renumbering, part naming, etc., so I've compiled everything here and placed bullets beside those points requiring attention or input.

1x8 brick
The earliest 1x8 bricks had two internal ribs; the existing 925.dat has three, a slightly newer design. I have submitted the 2-rib version as 925a.dat, along with a subfile for patterning.
  • I propose the existing 925.dat should be obsoleted and renumbered 925b.dat, and "with 3 internal ribs" should be added to its name.
  • Many of the existing patterns for 925 would have appeared with 925a, either instead of or along with 925b. Given the difficulty of documenting this with any precision, it is probably not worth the effort.

I do not understand why you added the ribs to the subfile? The 2 and 3 internal ribs should go to the main file otherwise you will need separated subfiles for a and b.

I'm fine with obsolate and renumber. Ping the admin.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New and updated Mursten-era parts - by Willy Tschager - 2021-06-06, 7:48