space ships and space vehicles

RE: space ships and space vehicles
Thanks.

I started building with SR3D around 2010. Nearly 2 years ago I built my first model with Ldcad. Up to this point I deeply loved my SR3D builder although there were some drawbacks. As far as I remember
  • Sr3D crashed quite often
  • grouping did not work reliably
  • zooming in created weird artefacts
Mirror building worked fine. Selecting a bunch of parts by mouse dragging worked fine. Extremely useful was “selective snapping”: The first part of a parts group you picked was determined for being the “snapping part”. (As far as I know Roland is working to implement similar features now). In LDcad I often struggle while connecting two groups or submodels in the right way.

For me the most impressive benefit of LDcad is submodelling and grouping. This is great stuff. Stepping works fine. As well as “Hide selection”, which I very often use. Ldcad allows for highly accurate parts positioning and rotation. That's great. LDcad is extremely stable. Apart from the fact that I have some good experience with LDcad I often unveil new and useful features.

It took a while, but I meanwhile switched completely to LDcad. This is definitely an excellent and outstanding tool! Its a pleasure working with it.

All in all I really enjoyed building with SR3D. And its very sad that SR3D never reached and never will reach 1.0 status. So comparing SR3D and LDcad may be a poor comparison. We should keep this in mind.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: space ships and space vehicles - by Roland Dahl - 2016-10-17, 21:11