LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)
(2016-08-03, 22:16)David Manley Wrote: I'm wondering if the ROTSTEP viewing angle is a little off in LDCAD?

I think these slight differences are caused by one or more of the following things:

Field of view settings (LDCad's default is quite wide).
Overall projection kind (iso/perspective).
The way the orientation is calculated (LDPub seems to use longitude latitude (for use with LDView) instead of direct matrix manipulation like the MLCad spec states).
The models center or lookat might be different. (Might be slightly better in Alpha 4 as it will rezoom visible parts per step change if 'Auto step rotation' is enabled)

Not relevant here as you are using ABS, but the REL variant of the meta seems to behave different in LPub then described in the MLCad specs. Given that LPub is widely used and all the exiting models etc I tried to mimic the LPub way (basically the matrix multiplication order seems to be wrong in LPub or I'm missing something else).

But to make a long story short it probably does need some fine tuning. I will do some more comparisons using MLCad to see if I can find some logic in it all Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2016-08-03, 23:10