[LDPartEditor] 0.8.5 Beta Released

Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.5 Beta Released
Quick notes about user interface:
- I find the usage of LDPE toolbars much more explicit on XP than on Seven, the push/release 3D look on XP is far, far more explicit than the vague blue hue of activated button on Seven. I know 3D look is not fashion, but could it be possible to have it nonetheless on Seven (or more)? This legibility issue have been raised by Willy here: http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...0#pid20910

- I don't find the mode (vertices/lines/surfaces/subpart) select very convenient. If I want to work on a part section that typically contains all styles of elements (eg. to copy it) I have to select each class separately - extremely tedious! (granted, maybe I didn't understood something, or my workflow is buggy?). I think that it would be much more convenient if each of these buttons actually acted as on/off filters, allowing or disabling selection of each class.

- I'd really like to be able so get bigger thumbnails in the primitives bin. I had some hopes when I found the "set icons size" but it seems to act only on toolbar buttons?

- Maybe related to last point here: On both my XP (32bit) and Seven (64bit) machines I configured space bar as alternate middle mouse button shortcut. It works in the main window on both machines (with some focus issues already mentionned), but I can't rotate the primitive preview thumbnails using spacebar on the XP machine, I have to use MMB.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Focus issues... - by Nils Schmidt - 2016-03-08, 16:23
Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.5 Beta Released - by Philippe Hurbain - 2016-03-10, 15:41