OMR + TEXMAPped unofficial file = ???

RE: OMR + TEXMAPped unofficial file = ???
(2018-03-08, 0:32)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 21:13)John Canepa Wrote: I've been reading through multiple Forum Posts, looking for Basic Texmap Instructions.  We're trying to load textures in to Bricksmith Version 3.0 (3.0) and use them for instruction creation in LPub 4.0.0.10, on a MAC Mini OS 10.  I opened your part 13710a.dat in Bricksmith to take a look, thanks for the example, and by replacing a few parts and the texture, I was able to see my texture appear in Bricksmith.

Once I opened your example in Bricksmith I noticed a square 4 color icon with image attached in the File Contents.  Can you explain how that's created in Bricksmith 3.0?  We're also not having any luck getting any images to show in LPub 4, using LDView, and LDGlite (preferred).  

Any help is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

First of all, I don't know anything about the details of Bricksmith, so I don't know what's up with the icon you talk about.

As far as I know, LDGlite does not support textures. I could be wrong about this. In order for the textures to work in LDView, you need to have the PNG image file be located either in the same directory as the part's .dat file, or in a textures sub-directory of where the part is located. (The intent for official parts is that the textures will be in a textures subdirectory.)

At this point in time, creating your own custom textured parts requires a lot more knowledge than simply using a GUI to create a model. There are various instructions here on forums.ldraw.org for creating custom textured parts.

You should check to see which version of LDView LPub is using. I would recommend using the latest release (4.3). I don't remember when texture support was added, but they definitely work in LDView 4.3.
Thanks for the reply.  I am now using LDview 4.3.  I can see my textures in Bricksmith, and in LDview, but still can't see them in LPub 4.  I updated the path to LDview, and it's now my is my selected renderer.  Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMR + TEXMAPped unofficial file = ??? - by John Canepa - 2018-03-13, 15:45