THEME meta?

THEME meta?
Say, what's the deal with the !THEME meta? It's an optional meta for the OMR spec, but it doesn't appear in the list of official metas, nor the list of known unofficial ones. LDCad doesn't know it, are there other programs that do? Is it helpful to include when submitting to the OMR, or is it just as easy to include the theme as a keyword?
RE: THEME meta?
(2020-01-09, 6:54)N. W. Perry Wrote: Say, what's the deal with the !THEME meta? It's an optional meta for the OMR spec, but it doesn't appear in the list of official metas, nor the list of known unofficial ones. LDCad doesn't know it, are there other programs that do? Is it helpful to include when submitting to the OMR, or is it just as easy to include the theme as a keyword?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna include it in the list of official metas. A "0 !THEME Creator or Classic Space or ..." is always helpful.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2020-01-09, 6:54)N. W. Perry Wrote: Say, what's the deal with the !THEME meta? It's an optional meta for the OMR spec, but it doesn't appear in the list of official metas, nor the list of known unofficial ones. LDCad doesn't know it, are there other programs that do? Is it helpful to include when submitting to the OMR, or is it just as easy to include the theme as a keyword?

Note: I don't think anything, including the OMR software, actually uses this META for anything useful. Also, there is no approved list of themes (nor do I have any real desire to outline one) so pretty much anything can be written. It is entirely optional.

If you upload an MPD file with your model with this command to BrickHub, then the "Theme" field gets auto-populated with its value, so you don't have to set it yourself.

You can then find your model when browsing that theme.
(2020-01-09, 14:23)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Note: I don't think anything, including the OMR software, actually uses this META for anything useful. Also, there is no approved list of themes (nor do I have any real desire to outline one) so pretty much anything can be written. It is entirely optional.

The OMR allows searching by theme, using a drop-down menu. I would have taken the values in that menu as the official list. Or is it just auto-populated with whatever THEME metas are in the submitted models?
(2020-01-09, 23:48)N. W. Perry Wrote: The OMR allows searching by theme, using a drop-down menu. I would have taken the values in that menu as the official list. Or is it just auto-populated with whatever THEME metas are in the submitted models?

I think it pulls the Theme from Rebrickable.
(2020-01-09, 6:54)N. W. Perry Wrote: LDCad doesn't know it, are there other programs that do? Is it helpful to include when submitting to the OMR, or is it just as easy to include the theme as a keyword?

I'll add the meta to the next version of LDCad so it gets highlighted and is usable from the header dialog.
(2020-01-12, 21:34)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'll add the meta to the next version of LDCad so it gets highlighted and is usable from the header dialog.

Thanks; in the meantime, as you pointed out in another thread, I've just been "misusing" the comment meta.  Rolleyes

(And on the topic of misusing metas, I notice also that !KEYWORDS is officially used only for parts, not for models—yet it, too, appears as an optional meta in the OMR spec.)  Huh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »