LDCad 1.4b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.4b Documentation (hoses etc)
Thanks for the corrections Philo.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:I learnt something in pneumatic hose section: the possibility to change control point style from Bezier to circle. Awesome for ropes!
I added it as I thought not many people would realize bands and hoses use the exact same generator guess I was right Smile I'm also thinking about adding more kinds of points in the future e.g a spool point which automatically loops e.g. a rope n times around a radius to serve as the rope origin in cranes etc.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Dynamic/rubber bands: Maybe you should tell what to do when you add circles in the wrong order? Talk about non-planar belts?
I wanted to keep it simple but still give people the tools to do 99% of their models. Maybe I should add a new page for the advanced advanced stuff, e.g. a 'tips and tricks' page?

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Pneumatic hose: Maybe more images at the beginning? perhaps you should number them to be able to refer to them easily in text.
Which step should have a picture, imho I gave all important stages a picture.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Placement of shock absorber end: discussion of distance measurement and manual movement is interesting, but once the shock is properly oriented you can simply rely on part snapping of end on pin!
You are right, did not realize this. I didn't even realize using the bottom pin before working halfway through the selection info method Smile. I will add it.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:"Just compensate this by changing the grid so the pin points towards you again." Isn't it the viewpoint that we need to change? (shock)
The problem I tried to explain is e.g. 'top view' of the relative grid is at a different side then were it was in absolute space so to have the (visual) same grid you need to set it to e.g. sides. I'll try rewriting it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-01-28, 23:04
LDCad 1.4b Documentation - by Roland Melkert - 2015-02-14, 23:54
Re: LDCad 1.4b Documentation (hoses etc) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-07-20, 17:50
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-02-15, 6:39
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-04-01, 9:50
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-03-13, 10:48