L3P 1.4 beta 20080930 - transparent parts not transparent enough?

Re: L3P 1.4 beta 20080930 - transparent parts not transparent enough?
I'm not sure about the L3P file (it's missing an include), but the LDView file uses LGEO colors. You may well be able to find a copy of lg_colors.inc somewhere with better (perhaps even great) color definitions.

If you go into LDView's POV export settings and disable the "Use XML mapping file" setting, it will disable LGEO usage inside LDView, which causes it to use LDView's built-in colors for all colors, instead of using LGEO ones where they are found. Having said that, LDView's default transparent color calcs are pretty bad. However, I played around a little and came up with something better. Look in the POV file for LDXSkipTransColorMacro, and you will see a block of code similar (but not identical) to the following one:
Code:
#ifndef (LDXSkipTransColorMacro)
#macro LDXTransColor(r, g, b)
#if (version >= 3.1) material { #end
    texture {
        pigment { #if (LDXQual > 1) rgbft <r,g,b,.5,.5> #else rgbf <0.6,0.6,0.6,0> #end }
#if (LDXQual > 1)
        finish { ambient LDXAmb diffuse LDXDif }
        finish { phong LDXPhong phong_size LDXPhongS reflection LDXTRefl }
        #if (version >= 3.1) #else finish { refraction 1 ior LDXIoR } #end
#end
    }
#if (version >= 3.1) #if (LDXQual > 1)
    interior { ior LDXIoR }
#end #end
#if (version >= 3.1) } #end
#end
#end
The one thing I changed was the pigment line, changing from rgbf to rgbft, and tweaking the values of the f and t parameters (they're both .5 here). To me, the above looks half-way decent, although perhaps not perfect.

If you want to use this generic color definition (based on RGB values from ldconfig.ldr) with LGEO geometry, you can edit your LGEO.xml in the LDView directory, and either comment out or completely delete the entire <Colors> section. You can then tweak the f and t parameters (along with all the other stuff if you really want to) to your heart's content. Once you have something you like, Stick the LDXTransColor macro definition in your top include, then define LDXSkipTransColorMacro so that the file generated by LDView will use yours instead of its own.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: L3P 1.4 beta 20080930 - transparent parts not transparent enough? - by Travis Cobbs - 2014-07-12, 4:58