LDraw.org 2013-02 Parts Update Now Available

Re: LDraw.org 2013-02 Parts Update Now Available
Indeed, Steffen. We're now below 300 parts held and significantly fewer parts needing more votes, but, of course, there is always more work to be done.

That's one of the things I've discovered as I've begun to wade into the world of part authoring/fixing/reviewing: I tend to be better at fixing other people's parts than I am at creating new ones from scratch. As such, there were a few parts that had been on the PT for some while as a fix that I managed to make certifiable. I actually find it pretty satisfying when I'm finally able to make part good enough to first no longer be held, and then good enough to be certified. There was a boat plate (forget the number) that I remember spending a fair deal of time and effort fixing, and it was eventually certified and now re-released in it's updated form.

I'd love to keep working on parts like this, but sometimes I run into people taking offense that I've modified their parts. To those who do: I don't ever mean to offend you. There are a lot of parts on the PT, and it is my stated goal that, some day, after a release like this, there will be 0 (or very close to 0) parts left on the PT. Perhaps it's a pipe dream, but I still think it's something worth pursuing.

So, if work settles down and I get some more time in the coming year, look for me to continue fixing and updating whatever parts I can.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDraw.org 2013-02 Parts Update Now Available - by Jude Parrill - 2013-12-28, 5:19