Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio

RE: Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio
(2024-09-29, 21:17)Chris Böhnke Wrote: Yes, it will (at least usually) put everything in the correct folder. Just be careful though not to click too fast, otherwise Stud.io will assign your part a random name which you might find hard to track down in both your OS's folders and your custom parts palette.

Regarding the Duplo parts you mentioned, this is quite interesting indeed... I didn't know Stud.io had 'hidden' parts available. I know they have custom connection points in the database (for minifig arm joint e.g.) which you can't access by their regular user interface (though by some easy tricks Big Grin ). So I really don't think that connection points are causing this issue.

If the part does exist, this does of cause create issues. I had a similar problem when trying to insert the old 8x8 plate with grid WITHOUT center hole into Stud.io, because the newer version already existed. Thus far the only solution seems to be: Rename your custom part to something else (and possibly all required sub-parts, if necessary).  I would advise against modifying your Stud.io installation folders, because the next update to Stud.io will likely delete your work.

Regarding the hidden Duplo parts you mentioned, I will look into it and post an update if I find anything noteworthy.

Thanks Chris,

I have included a link to my correspondence through the Studio forum which will no doubt explain it better that I can. The problem also has something to with the parts not being assigned a category yet.

https://forum.bricklink.com/viewtopic.php?t=11381

I'm sure there are many more parts than the one's I've mentioned, as the problem only showed up with some parts that I had already used a while back or with some new parts I am trying to add. I now I just re name all Duplo files I download from LDraw, so I don't have any problems now or later. I just hope that Studio one day finds a way to add Duplo parts to their main menu.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio - by Lawford - 2024-09-30, 6:25