Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio

RE: Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio
(2024-09-20, 17:19)Lawford Wrote: All but one of the Duplo parts that are already in Studio are hidden due to problems at present with connectivity. So it looks as if I will have to rename the files and I guess that means I will also have to rename any files in the S, collider and connectivity folds that look like they are linked as well?

I see many of the parts in the “P” folder have the same name, so I am guess these are the same?

Thanks, Clive

Have you tried Stud.io's internal Part Designer to import them?

I mostly use this and thus far it worked well, especially since it handles the collider and connectivity files as well.

The tool will usually tell you if a subfile is missing. If the file works in LDView but Part Designer still complains, try to put everything (including the main file) in the same folder.

The collider and connectivity folders are required by Stud.io to handle those properties, so yes, if you want connectivity and collision to work correctly on your part, you need 3 different files with the same name (except file extension) in their respective folders.

Regarding the p folder parts, if you mean the ones you downloaded, yes those should be identical.

May I ask which part is causing troubles?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using downloaded .dat files in BL Studio - by Chris Böhnke - 2024-09-25, 18:40