Complete rework of parts and further questions

RE: Complete rework of parts and further questions
Hello,

to better understand the primitives, I took a look at Minfig Head 3626.
As I understand it, the primitives are a kind of container, which in turn contain further primitives or character instructions.
The primitives are available in three resolutions P is the standard resolution, 48 is the high or 3x resolution and 8 is the low or half resolution.
Normally the standard resolution is used, this resolution can be changed by the program for rendering, for example, if the primitive with the same name is available in a higher resolution.
I hope I have understood this correctly so far.
In the following picture I have compared a part of the minifigure head in standard resolution and high resolution. I used LDView for the images.
The high resolution was forced by the fact that I wrote 48\ in front of the primitives. I made a mistake with Stud2, I should have made this change on the lowest level.
I noticed that there are small gaps or overlaps here, because the torus t04o6250 is not available in high resolution. See the two ellipses.

Would it make sense to create them in high resolution?
I know with printed minifig heads there would have to be one or more variants, as there is no high resolution for the printed parts and the problem mentioned above would exist in the opposite direction.

Greetings

Manfred
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Complete rework of parts and further questions - by Manfred Schaefer - 2024-09-12, 18:08