Reworking the Competition Cannon/Arrow Combos

RE: Reworking the Competition Cannon/Arrow Combos
Good thing is, that the official parts are limited and most of them are unofficial.
  • 57029 and 57759 should use Bottom not Base.
    -> That's fine with me

• I want to remove with Trigger from the assemblies.
    -> Shall we keep a 57029c01/c02? I do not really see a benefitfor them. The only thing is, that you can faily easily remove the  trigger, that would speak for the 57029c01 combination.
    If we remove these we can get rid of the "trigger" 
    If we keep these parts then, maybe, use "without trigger" in those files.
    -> Q: There is nothing comparable with the 32074 as base?

• And the paranthesis (with/without an Arrow). Wouldn't "Unloaded" / "Loaded" be enough?
    -> Loaded/Unloaded is enough imho.

• I want to renumber 76100c01 to 76100c02. That would make it similar to 57796c02
    -> I see that you already started to renumber them.
    -> In any case the numbering shall correspond, i.e. c01 "unloaded", c02 "loaded"

• Then I want to renumber 76100-f1 to 76100c01. -> fine
  • 32074c01 need to be a ~Move to 76100c01  -> fine
  • This would make 76100-f2 unnecessary. -> fine
  • What name should we use on the parts?  Body/Lid ? Barrel/Front Cover?
    -> Cover/Lid I am fine with both

• 32074c02 should be used in the 76100 assemblies.
    -> Q: Similar to the 57029c01/c02?

• The spring should be added in the 76100 assemblies -> fine

• What number should be used on the assy of 57796 with Long/Short trigger? a/b-version  or continue to c03/c04?
    -> The long/short trigger assembly also has a different base, so an a/b version might be better IMHO

• But it might be necessary to use Short/Long Trigger in the descriptions?
    -> Definately, as this has a big impact on the geometry, unfortunately no inventory site does cater for this difference.

• Should Competition stay in the description?
    -> it is a nice way to find all the related parts now :-)

Concerning different colours in the trigger, front lid etc. I would not add them, users can re-organise the parts in LDCad and colour them to their wishes.

Concerning the arrow rework, @Rene
-> IMHO there is no need to obsolete the official files, even if the orientation of the single parts is completely mad. The overall length and position of the parts in the assemblies and the assembly direct is ok
-> The only change is the 1 LDU move of the face that holds the arrow at the trigger.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reworking the Competition Cannon/Arrow Combos - by Gerald Lasser - 2024-09-11, 21:17