Complete rework of parts and further questions

Complete rework of parts and further questions
Hello,

I have uploaded some official parts to the Parts Tracker. I had added references and set numbers to these parts. Some more will follow.
However, errors were discovered in some parts during the release. Or for other parts I changed BFC from CW to CCW and additionally these parts are certified to CC 2.0.
The point now is that I want to revise these parts so that they can leave the Parts Tracker again and I am at the beginning of this process. 
It will be a long way for me, but probably also a long thread, as I have many questions and many more will come. Smile
If one or the other question seems too trivial or is clear to you, then I ask for your understanding. Sometimes it can also be a comprehension problem on my part, as English is not my native language.

Now to the first point. If a part is also licensed under CC 2.0, then this part must be rewritten from scratch. I will call this part description code. Willy wrote me that no line of code may be taken over.
This is very difficult or even impossible. If, for example, primitives were used or subfiles were used, then it is necessary to use them again.
Can a statement be made here about how big the difference must be, or how much code may be the same, preferably as a percentage, so that the new part counts as a new part with a new author?
The primitives and subfiles could be dispensed with by writing them as individual lines of code and then releasing the part. This makes it a new part with a new author, after which the primitives and subfiles are reinserted and released again. Would such a way be conceivable?
At the pattern, the values for the triangles and squares may vary slightly in the decimal places.

Further questions will follow.
Thank you.

Greetings

Manfred
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Complete rework of parts and further questions - by Manfred Schaefer - 2024-09-08, 17:48