LeoDraw snapping parts

LeoDraw snapping parts
I am new to the LDraw All-In-One programs and, after installing, I began a project (MOC Classic Battlestar Galactica) and found that snapping parts doesn't appear to be working for parts that I star with.

I tried using the Movement Snap option to adjust snapping parts together, but it doesn't seem to work exactly right.

Being able to precisely adjust X, Y, and Z coordinates might help, but an actual snapping certain parts would help.

For example, Part Technic Beam 7x5 With Open Center 5x3, 64179 is the first part.  I attempted to plug in Technic Pin With Friction Type 2, 61332 into the vertical holes (or even the horizontal holes, and though it "fits" not precise, being offset and phasing through, it doesn't appear to "snap" into place precisely.  There are offsets that need adjusting both Z and the X or Y just slightly.  

Is there a way to make the fine tuned adjustments either using exact typing of X, Y, and/or Z coordinates or create true snapping abilities?  These parts apparently aren't true "solids" as parts phase through one another, and it would be nice if they actually were "solids", but I'll take whatever I can get.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm completely new to this program, so I may be easily missing something.

Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LeoDraw snapping parts - by Andrew Rhodes - 2024-08-23, 2:59
RE: LeoDraw snapping parts - by David Manley - 2024-08-23, 10:22