LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2024-05-19, 21:56)Roland Melkert Wrote: I've been looking into this and the default value is actually the same as used in LDView and LPub.
If you change it, things will look different in LPub etc. I think this is why I made it a main.cfg thing only.
The 'normal' way of changing the base is to put an abs rotation in the first step. (the step properties dialog has a sample view button.)
An alternative could be to add an option to automatically make the first step an abs rotation one with a custom rotation?

For me it's not an issue if other programs look different. But to be honest, the whole issue isn't very big to me at all; I just thought it would be nice to have a "shortcut" to change the matrix in main.cfg without actually editing that file.

I suppose making the first step an abs rotation is a good solution—and any rel rotations following it would be based on the current (abs) rotation, not the default one, right?

(If I had to choose, the much bigger wish for me would be setting a rotation for the final step of a model without having to add an extra (blank) step at the end. It hurts me just a little bit to have 29 steps in my model when there are only 28 in the instructions. Confused )

Quote:Is this still an issue as the clean way to do this, would be to make all folder io stuff aware of a 'the last used/static' option. And adding a new dialog to set those options. This is not something I put high on my 'fun to do' list  Big Grin

Yeah, this one still happens. I'd be curious to know if others have the same issue, or if it's an effect of running under Wine? Heck, maybe there's even a Wine setting for this? It wouldn't be a problem at all if only there were a way to navigate up one folder in the open/save dialog, as there is in my native UI.

It would be good enough if I could just set my main ldraw library as the default open/save location. At least I can navigate downward from there.

Quote:Anyone has additional thoughts about any of the above points?

I may have mentioned this before, but is there a way to filter (or even sort) the part bin view by color? Makes it easier to cross-check against official set inventories.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by N. W. Perry - 2024-05-19, 22:48
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Sezen - 2023-10-30, 17:26
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Sezen - 2023-10-31, 16:54
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Sezen - 2023-11-01, 14:09
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Sezen - 2023-11-02, 18:23
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by CJ H. - 2023-11-30, 8:15
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by CJ H. - 2023-12-01, 4:11
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by CJ H. - 2023-12-01, 4:19
RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by CJ H. - 2023-12-15, 5:27