Parts 72490c01, 72490a, & 72490b

Parts 72490c01, 72490a, & 72490b
Hello, I was just trying to build a Lego Blimp/Zeppelin for Lego Ideas in Stud.io, but sadly none of the parts for the actual envelope of the blimp/zeppelin seem to exist.  I did get the gondola completed as I intended, but sadly without the actual balloon, (or envelope as it's know to those who know airships), I can't make the upload.  I tried asking the folks at Bricklink to help with making the envelope, but sadly they couldn't seem to find a 3d model of said balloon.  So, anybody here think they can help with that?  Please?  It'd be really appreciated if somebody here could, especially if you could make all three parts, the blimp container assembly (72490c01), the blimp container body (72490a), and the blimp container tail (72490b) both with and without their stickers, (especially since I plan on using a plain blimp container body with the tail fin stickers on the blimp container tail on my Lego Ideas project, so having the two ends separate and the complete assembly with and without stickers would be very helpful).  So, yeah, just thought I'd ask.  Rockatoa, Brickticks out!
RE: Parts 72490c01, 72490a, & 72490b
Hi Matthew,

A friend actually owns the blimp. I cannot promise when I get the measurements, but I already asked him to borrow me the blimp. This is on my long term list.

Gerald
(2021-01-18, 21:01)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Hi Matthew,

A friend actually owns the blimp. I cannot promise when I get the measurements, but I already asked him to borrow me the blimp. This is on my long term list.

Gerald

Oh, thank you Mr. Gerald.  That's at least one good piece of news today.  I admit, I've been a little stressed today, mostly due to politics, but then again, you know what that's become as of late.  Anyways, thank you!  Oh, and by the way, I actually do know a little bit of the measurements, for instance, the space between the attachment points is 16 studs, with the attachment points sitting on the 1st and 16th stud marks....  Also, fun fact, those 2x8 curved slope parts they just made a couple years back will actually fit almost perfectly in the curved underside of the envelope.  In fact, I'd say that, based on eyeballing it, there's only about 1/32nd, (or maybe even less), of an inch between the top of those curved slopes and the curved bottom of the blimp.  Oh well, hopefully this helps, and thank you again, it really has helped me to calm down a little bit, knowing that at least one thing has panned out for me so far this year, (as several things have not really panned out for me so far this year).  Anyways, Rockatoa, Brickticks out!
Got the pars in my hands now!
I needed some tries to get the edges finally visible in the render and in LDView even when there are only condlines.

I needed to slightly exaggerate the depth and use more surfaces to get the effect.

(2021-02-23, 22:14)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I needed some tries to get the edges finally visible in the render and in LDView even when there are only condlines.

I needed to slightly exaggerate the depth and use more surfaces to get the effect.

Looks good so far!  Can't wait till she's done!  Hopefully once completed she won't take too long to get over to Stud.io, I've got a Lego Zeppelin Gondola over there, and in order to finish her the envelope, a.k.a. the balloon structure, is needed.  And who knows, if I upload my Airship design to Lego Ideas, we might just see a whole new Zeppelin Balloon Structure piece, (or pieces), added to the Lego Directory.  Rockatoa, Brickticks out!  P.S.  Awesome Job!!!
(2021-02-23, 22:14)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I needed some tries to get the edges finally visible in the render and in LDView even when there are only condlines.

Hi Mr. Lasser,
How's it going?  Good I hope!  How goes it wit the Zeppelin Container?  Just thought I'd check in!  Stay safe!  Rockatoa, Brickticks out!
Am still waiting on these parts.  No rush or anything, just thought I’d let everybody know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »