LDCad feature requests

LDCad feature requests
A couple of items that would help me out:
- If a pbg file references a ~Moved to part, show the new part, not the old.
- The ability to paste a rotation matrix string (or the whole line)
RE: LDCad feature requests
(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: - If a pbg file references a ~Moved to part, show the new part, not the old.
Which group do you see them in?
As all normal groups should exclude the _ ~ = parts. They only show in the e.g. 'all alias parts', 'all colored part' etc and the part in current step ones.

(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: - The ability to paste a rotation matrix string (or the whole line)
You can do that in the property editor by right clicking on its position / rotation panel. It opens a copy paste menu.
(2019-04-04, 19:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: Which group do you see them in?
As all normal groups should exclude the _ ~ = parts. They only show in the e.g. 'all alias parts', 'all colored part' etc and the part in current step ones.

The set list pbg's that Rebrickable generates show all of those parts

(2019-04-04, 19:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: You can do that in the property editor by right clicking on its position / rotation panel. It opens a copy paste menu.

I can copy/paste into the individual blocks (ctrl-c/v) but how about the entire rotation matrix in one go?
(2019-04-04, 20:09)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I can copy/paste into the individual blocks (ctrl-c/v) but how about the entire rotation matrix in one go?

Right click on the panel itself to open this menu:

(2019-04-04, 20:13)Roland Melkert Wrote: Right click on the panel itself to open this menu:

Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.
(2019-04-04, 20:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.

Didn't know about this as well. - Thanks for the hint.
(2019-04-04, 20:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.

I tried that but I couldn't find how to add items to the default edit menu Smile
(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: A couple of items that would help me out:

Another one, kind of a bit of an edge case:
Flexible templates for:
 - Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends
 - Minifig whip
(2019-04-15, 3:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Another one, kind of a bit of an edge case:
Flexible templates for:
 - Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends
 - Minifig whip
We are missing an end segment to make a good "Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends". But if you can live with see-through at the ends of your tubes, it's easy to remove the ends of a ldcad hose:
- double click on the hose to open it
- right-click on the edit window then grouping -> clear auto groups. This allows to separate end caps from end control points.
- delete the expanded ends

AFAIK the minifig whip doesn't have a structure suitable for current LDCad flexible generator because of its conical shape. AFAIK (again) the only LEGO editor that offers a flexible whip is Mecabricks that has a flexible 88704 model.
Something I miss when I try to find why Studio renderer chokes on a LDraw model: possibility to comment out (and uncomment in) a line in the source window. This would allow to temporarily remove a part or a submodel, without actually deleting it.
(2019-04-15, 6:42)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Something I miss when I try to find why Studio renderer chokes on a LDraw model: possibility to comment out (and uncomment in) a line in the source window. This would allow to temporarily remove a part or a submodel, without actually deleting it.

Ah yes, that would be helpful! Just like good-old MLCad's option to "hide" a brick, which differs from hiding now in LDCad.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2019-04-15, 6:39)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: AFAIK the minifig whip doesn't have a structure suitable for current LDCad flexible generator because of its conical shape. AFAIK (again) the only LEGO editor that offers a flexible whip is Mecabricks that has a flexible 88704 model.

I think it (88704?) could be made but it would need a whole lot of donors in a series of 1+ segmented skin sections.

(2019-04-15, 3:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: - Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends

Besides Philo's suggestion you could also replace the caps with something non expanded, by making a custom unofficial part.

As a rule I only include templates for things entirely depending on official content or LDCad's own donor files.

But if the shape can be made with only type 1 lines we could (misuse) donors for this and inline them during generation.

If someone could send me such a donor I could include it in 1.6c

Same goes for the whip.
(2019-04-15, 10:06)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Ah yes, that would be helpful! Just like good-old MLCad's option to "hide" a brick, which differs from hiding now in LDCad.

You could use a macro script to change lines.

E.g. change selected stuff from

1 16 .....
to
0 MYPREFIX 1 16 ...

Prefix could be MLCad's "HIDE" but if you want to only (temporary) convert the selected lines something more unique might be needed.

I'll put this on my 1.6c QA todo list and maybe include something out of the box to semi support the MLCAD hide meta.
(2019-04-15, 18:05)Roland Melkert Wrote: I think it (88704?) could be made but it would need a whole lot of donors in a series of 1+ segmented skin sections.

Besides Philo's suggestion you could also replace the caps with something non expanded, by making a custom unofficial part.

As a rule I only include templates for things entirely depending on official content or LDCad's own donor files.

But if the shape can be made with only type 1 lines we could (misuse) donors for this and inline them during generation.

If someone could send me such a donor I could include it in 1.6c

Same goes for the whip.

Is there not an non-expanded end? I though there was and if not there should be. 

As far as the whip, it’s probably doable but not without a lot of thought and a slew of unofficial subparts.
(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: A couple of items that would help me out:

I've made one for myself but, could we have an official template for flex axles where the stud3a ends are fixed (i.e. path caps)? Most of the time, these axles are anchored by the ends and shouldn't flex.
(2019-04-29, 19:19)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I've made one for myself but, could we have an official template for flex axles where the stud3a ends are fixed (i.e. path caps)? Most of the time, these axles are anchored by the ends and shouldn't flex.

Good idea, I'll move the A, B and C segments into a new donor cap with snap info.

If anyone else has additional template wishes / suggestions please let me know as I'm in the final stages of prepping 1.6c for release.

Just limit request to things using official parts only.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »