LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad feature requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A couple of items that would help me out:
- If a pbg file references a ~Moved to part, show the new part, not the old.
- The ability to paste a rotation matrix string (or the whole line)
(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- If a pbg file references a ~Moved to part, show the new part, not the old.
Which group do you see them in?
As all normal groups should exclude the _ ~ = parts. They only show in the e.g. 'all alias parts', 'all colored part' etc and the part in current step ones.

(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]- The ability to paste a rotation matrix string (or the whole line)
You can do that in the property editor by right clicking on its position / rotation panel. It opens a copy paste menu.
(2019-04-04, 19:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Which group do you see them in?
As all normal groups should exclude the _ ~ = parts. They only show in the e.g. 'all alias parts', 'all colored part' etc and the part in current step ones.

The set list pbg's that Rebrickable generates show all of those parts

(2019-04-04, 19:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You can do that in the property editor by right clicking on its position / rotation panel. It opens a copy paste menu.

I can copy/paste into the individual blocks (ctrl-c/v) but how about the entire rotation matrix in one go?
(2019-04-04, 20:09)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]I can copy/paste into the individual blocks (ctrl-c/v) but how about the entire rotation matrix in one go?

Right click on the panel itself to open this menu:
[attachment=3510]
(2019-04-04, 20:13)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the panel itself to open this menu:

Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.
(2019-04-04, 20:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.

Didn't know about this as well. - Thanks for the hint.
(2019-04-04, 20:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh. I was right clicking in the edit boxes, not the actual dialog itself.

I tried that but I couldn't find how to add items to the default edit menu Smile
(2019-04-04, 18:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of items that would help me out:
- If a pbg file references a ~Moved to part, show the new part, not the old.
- The ability to paste a rotation matrix string (or the whole line)

Another one, kind of a bit of an edge case:
Flexible templates for:
 - Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends
 - Minifig whip
(2019-04-15, 3:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Another one, kind of a bit of an edge case:
Flexible templates for:
 - Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends
 - Minifig whip
We are missing an end segment to make a good "Pneumatic tubes without expanded ends". But if you can live with see-through at the ends of your tubes, it's easy to remove the ends of a ldcad hose:
- double click on the hose to open it
- right-click on the edit window then grouping -> clear auto groups. This allows to separate end caps from end control points.
- delete the expanded ends

AFAIK the minifig whip doesn't have a structure suitable for current LDCad flexible generator because of its conical shape. AFAIK (again) the only LEGO editor that offers a flexible whip is Mecabricks that has a flexible 88704 model.
Something I miss when I try to find why Studio renderer chokes on a LDraw model: possibility to comment out (and uncomment in) a line in the source window. This would allow to temporarily remove a part or a submodel, without actually deleting it.
Pages: 1 2