Can not submit any part since yesterday

Can not submit any part since yesterday
Hello everybody,

Since yesterday (03.12.2018), I am no longer able to submit parts on the tracker.

The reason for this must be a UTF8 / Ansi problem because my surname contains an "umlaut" (German "Ö").
The tracker generates an automatic upload blocking:

Header errors:

LINE 3: Author name (Ulrich Röder) must match registered name (Ulrich Röder) for Author ID (UR)

... and that, even though all parts were stored correctly in UTF8.

On my well-running system, only the update of the Nvidia driver has re-established, so this was the first suspect.
But even a rollback to the previous driver brought no improvement.

Also not another browser.

No matter what I save ... whether DATHeader, LDDesign Pad, or
LDPartEditor ..... always the same unpleasant result.

Maybe there was a change on the server, unnoticed, due to the extension of png. uploads for texmap?

"The error" is usually in front of the PC .... smile ... but I definitely find no clue ..... as I said ... except the driver update ... no changes on my part.

..any idea?
RE: Can not submit any part since yesterday
(2018-12-04, 17:50)Ulrich Röder Wrote: Hello everybody,

Since yesterday (03.12.2018), I am no longer able to submit parts on the tracker.

The reason for this must be a UTF8 / Ansi problem because my surname contains an "umlaut" (German "Ö").

Header errors:

LINE 3: Author name (Ulrich Röder) must match registered name (Ulrich Röder) for Author ID (UR)

On my well-running system, only the update of the Nvidia driver has re-established, so this was the first suspect.

Maybe there was a change on the server, unnoticed, due to the extension of png. uploads for texmap?

"The error" is usually in front of the PC .... smile ... but I definitely find no clue ..... as I said ... except the driver update ... no changes on my part.

..any idea?

This looks like an unwanted effect of some added checks in the change to submit.cgi - see here. I'll take a look.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
(2018-12-04, 19:55)Chris Dee Wrote:
(2018-12-04, 17:50)Ulrich Röder Wrote: Hello everybody,

Header errors:

..any idea?

This looks like an unwanted effect of some added checks in the change to submit.cgi - see here. I'll take a look.

I think this should be fixed now.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Thanks for your efforts, Chris.

but unfortunately no change as before.

It's not working.

Hang something helpless in the curve .. smile .... because of that.

The same procedure.
Solved .... all right now!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »