LDCad - Questions regarding favorite parts bin

LDCad - Questions regarding favorite parts bin
A couple of questions regarding favorite parts bin.

1-When a part is brought in to the bin ( add current ) the orientation is often not the same as the rest of the bin.
How do I change the orientation of one cell of the bin?

2-I would like to have the favorite bin in a particular order - similar parts together.
How can I change the sequence of the parts in the bin?

3-My building style is to identify elements and pins by different color.( I change to the particular scheme after the model is drawn)
How do I change the color of a particular part in the bin?
How do I change the color of one element in the drawing? (Easier than going into properties and changing the number)

Thanks,
Ed
Re: LDCad - Questions regarding favorite parts bin
Ed Bardet Wrote:How do I change the orientation of one cell of the bin?
The orientation is the same for all cells but the parts them selves sometimes are oriented different. You can however rotate the parts in the cells using the mouse (similar to rating the model) using the ctrl key. Use 'r' to reset it back to the default and use the bin menu to apply the current rotation to all groups or the program default.

Ed Bardet Wrote:How can I change the sequence of the parts in the bin?
Most bins are sorted on the part description. This order is determined by the 'sortOn' value of the corresponding pbg file e.g "%appdata%\LDCad\partBin\default\favorites.pbg" for the favortites group. See also http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/partBin

Ed Bardet Wrote:How do I change the color of a particular part in the bin?
All parts in the bin are shown in the current working color. That is also the color used while drag adding it to the model. To change the color select a different one using the color wheel or the recent used colors bar below it.

Ed Bardet Wrote:How do I change the color of one element in the drawing?
Select the part(s) you want to recolor, select the wanted color like I wrote above and finally click the first (wider) rectangle on the colorbar (or double click the color wheel segment of interest).

Hope this clarify some things.
Re: LDCad - Questions regarding favorite parts bin
Thank you Roland
Ed
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »