2011/2012 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - Call for Nominations

Hi folks,

it has passed another year since the last election of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) were held - and again the SteerCo missed the actual deadlines :-( Nominations are now open. All nominations must be received and recorded by November 14. Elections will be held from November 17 ‘til November 30.

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining semi-regular internal discussions on pending file format issues, the overall progress of the LDraw file format and new or proposed developments made by different LDraw-based software authors. They adopt new official standards by voting on them, and publish documentation on LDraw.org following such a decision. The LSC has documented and will document past, current and future LDraw File Formats.

To be eligible for LSC membership, per the LSC Final Draft http://www.ldraw.org/Article382.html, you must fulfil at least one of the following:

* Authored at least two LDraw parts subsequently released in an Official LDraw.org Parts Update
* Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since their initial participation
* Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 1.0.0 specs or another spec published by the LSC
* Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate approved by 2 current LSC members
* Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate made to the LSC by at least 5 others eligible to be LSC candidates

People can either self-nominate or nominate someone else. When nominating, please reference the person’s eligibility from the list above. For the LSC there is non need that another member of the community seconds the nomination.

Nominations MUST be posted in direct reply to this post to be counted, and must be online by 12:00 PM GMT November 14.

Voting for the elections will begin November 17, and end November 30. The LSC will officially change over on December 15th, giving time to transition newly elected members into the committee.

Only LDraw organization members are permitted to vote in this poll. If you are not registered as a member of the organization and would like to join, follow the instructions at the bottom of this page: http://www.ldraw.org/Article283.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee
LEGO ergo sum
-- moved topic --
LEGO ergo sum
Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - Call for Nominations
I nominate Travis Cobbs - eligible for many reasons including LDView.
I nominate Allen Smith - eligible for Bricksmith
I nominate Roland Melkert - eligible for LDCAD
Thanks. I accept.

Note to others: LSC nominations don't need a second (read the full text above), and anyone who qualifies can even self-nominate if they want to.
Tim Gould Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I nominate Allen Smith

Thank you; I accept.
Tim Gould Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I nominate Roland Melkert

Thank you, I accept
I nominate Chris Dee - eligible as a parts reviewer
I nominate Willy Tschager - eligible as a parts reviewer
I nominate Tim Gould, eligible as the author of (quite a few) more than two official parts.
Thanks Travis. Unfortunately I think I'm spread too thin already to dedicate enough time to the LSC.
I second nominating Chris Dee
I second nominating Willy Tschager
I nominate Philo
Thanks Orion but I decline.
Since we have enough nominations but not enough acceptances, I hereby volunteer to be on the LSC.
Thx Tim, I accept.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Thanks. I think this has been superceded by the discussion at http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...74#pid1274.

Chris
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
I think technically it's not been approved yet so I'll take your response as an acceptance.

Tim
Now that we have a slate of 5 people, I formally withdraw my nomination. I've had my turn and I'm not nearly as active a developer or parts author as I once was. I'd rather people at the front lines lead the way and I'll chime in when I feel input is required.
Sorry that's what I meant - "I accept".

Chris
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
It's after 0000 GMT on 11/14/11 so nominations are closed and I'm closing this thread
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »