[LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (hint selection in text editor / primitive subst. bugfix)

[LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (hint selection in text editor / primitive subst. bugfix)
Hey,

this release solves a few bugs and another quality-of-life release is already in the making (to fix more bugs reported by Philo!).

[Image: imgDuke2.png]

As always, you can download LDPE from this page:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:

(1 new feature and 4 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...double click on a text editor error/warning/hint to also select the object in the 3D editor.

The following critical issues are fixed:

1. Primitive substitution on subfiles from PartReview causes subfiles to be "empty".
  2. "Rings and Cones" uses old deprecated "rin" and "ri" ring primitives.
  3. The context menu entries on the error/warning/hint area were always enabled.
  4. After loading a part using the part review tool, the 3D view properly shows the part asked for, but the text window generally shows a subpart of it, presumably the last loaded one.

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Installation on Windows:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_win32_x64.zip
  2. Run LDPartEditor-1.8.88.msi
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the start menu
Installation on Linux:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_linux_x64.zip
  2. Install ldparteditor_1.8.88-1_amd64.deb
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the menu or via launcher
Installation on Mac OS X:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_mac_x64.zip
  2. Mount LDPartEditor-1.8.88.dmg
  3. Drag LDPartEditor.app to the Applications folder
  4. Copy ldparteditor.sh to your home folder
        4a. Open a Terminal.app and run ./ldparteditor.sh
        4b. Or open a Terminal.app and run /Applications/LDPartEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/LDPartEditor

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 150 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10,11, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 500 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
RE: [LDPE] Drag and drop Windows shortcuts doesn't work
A minor one...
I can't drag/drop a Windows shortcut of a .dat file to LDPE to open the file. So I can't use directly the "recent files" of Windows explorer.
RE: [LDPE] Drag and drop Windows shortcuts doesn't work
And another little one...
For some time, my "last opened files/projects" list appears empty. This could be caused by some change in my Windows configuration (W11), but I rather suspect that the use of "part review" tool is the culprit. Sorry not to be able to provide better clues Wink
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (hint selection in text editor / primitive subst. bugfix)
(2024-09-20, 15:22)Nils Schmidt Wrote: With this release you will be able to...
  • ...double click on a text editor error/warning/hint to also select the object in the 3D editor.

Hurray!!!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (hint selection in text editor / primitive subst. bugfix)
If I place some code in the default file new.dat and then save it using Save as, the file new.dat dissappear.
"Save As" let a file "disappear"?
(2024-09-26, 17:53)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: If I place some code in the default file new.dat and then save it using Save as, the file new.dat dissappear.

Could you be more specific, please? How and when did you save it? Where does it dissapear? What disappears?
RE: [LDPE] Drag and drop (Windows) file shortcuts
(2024-09-24, 6:54)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: A minor one...
I can't drag/drop a Windows shortcut of a .dat file to LDPE to open the file. So I can't use directly the "recent files" of Windows explorer.

Thanks, Philo. I created an issue (#1118).
"last opened files" list is empty
(2024-09-26, 7:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: And another little one...
For some time, my "last opened files/projects" list appears empty. This could be caused by some change in my Windows configuration (W11), but I rather suspect that the use of "part review" tool is the culprit. Sorry not to be able to provide better clues Wink

I will investigate, but it seems to be a not so common issue. Entries on this list are usually hidden or getting removed if the file location is not available anymore.
RE: "last opened files" list is empty
(2024-09-26, 18:56)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Entries on this list are usually hidden or getting removed if the file location is not available anymore.
Clearly not the problem here: I use a single folder and keep all files there for a loooong time.
RE: "Save As" let a file "disappear"?
(2024-09-26, 18:44)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Could you be more specific, please? How and when did you save it? Where does it dissapear? What disappears?

I'm reworking some heads, and I copied all of the surface of the face, pasted it in new.dat and then used Save as to get a file I can import to LDPC.
I named the file to face.dat and click on Save. 
Now new.dat turns into face.dat, and new.dat dissappear. 
I don't know where it goes, but face.dat is saved where I placed it.

In earlier versions of LDPE it only added a tab in both text and 3d editor, and the new.dat remained as a unsaved file.
And now when I try to repeat it, it works as I'm used to. But the dissappearing has happened before, a few times. Strange.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »