Bended net

Bended net
I am creating sets from dino island to render them, but have problem. There are bended nets. A long time ago i saw this tool. Net generator is xls file. But i do not understand how to use it. If some one can make net for this model.

Attached Files
.ldr   car(chain).ldr (Size: 7.36 KB / Downloads: 0)
Re: Bended net
As I see, you have to change the data in the 2nd sheet.
Top/bottom left/right to the points where the corners of the net should be and then you have to change the coordinates in the middle for the middle area of the net.
To get the .dat file you have to use the 1st sheet. Mark the line #9 to the last used (in my case #382) copy it, open notepad, paste it there and save the file.
That's it.
I have seen this program for the first time, too. :-)

/Max
Re: Bended net
Hey, that is an interesting tool on excel base. But to be honest, I have also difficulties to understand what i need to do.
Definitely this is a good starting point for further improvement.
RE: Bended net
(2013-03-08, 13:55)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Hey, that is an interesting tool on excel base. But to be honest, I have also difficulties to understand what i need to do.
Definitely this is a good starting point for further improvement.
It’s been a while since I’ve been active with Lego CAD but if it’s not too late I can add some detail to the spreadsheet. From what I imagined I’d did was to set the corner coordinates then all the rest do an iterative calculation. To bend the net you just need to write a fixed value to any of the cells of want to move. It only iterates in the vertical dimension so would be square when viewed from above but hopefully you managed by working out how it works. Did you do any renders. I’d like to see if it was used.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »