Complete Part Request: 31512pb01 Princess Morbucks headpiece

Part Request: 31512pb01 Princess Morbucks headpiece
Thumbs Up 
Hey again, I forgot to request this part until now. It’s Princess Morbucks’ headpiece from The Powerpuff Girls. I’d like to see this piece added. Thanks!

[Image: 31512pb01.png]

BrickLink Source: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...D#T=C&C=90
RE: Part Request: 31512pb01 Princess Morbucks headpiece
(2023-01-31, 0:45)Matthew Coleman Wrote: Hey again, I forgot to request this part until now. It’s Princess Morbucks’ headpiece from The Powerpuff Girls. I’d like to see this piece added. Thanks!

[Image: 31512pb01.png]

BrickLink Source: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...D#T=C&C=90

The reason why I would like this part added is because I also need it for an update to my LEGO Ideas Powerpuff Girls project.
(2023-02-01, 1:34)Matthew Coleman Wrote: The reason why I would like this part added is because I also need it for an update to my LEGO Ideas Powerpuff Girls project.

Unfortunately I was unable to find any 3d data for the very complex shaped hair piece 😞
(2023-02-01, 7:14)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Unfortunately I was unable to find any 3d data for the very complex shaped hair piece 😞

Oh, well. Does that mean this headpiece will never be added? Creating the hairpiece from scratch is an option, but it may be difficult to do.
I did a little sketch for the head. Details are missing, overall shape should do.

Attached Files
.zip   PP_Princess.zip (Size: 7.28 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2023-02-02, 23:27)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I did a little sketch for the head. Details are missing, overall shape should do.

Oh, really? Thanks a lot! Will there be more progress to come?
(2023-02-02, 23:27)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I did a little sketch for the head. Details are missing, overall shape should do.
Clever. And good looking!
(2023-02-03, 6:34)Matthew Coleman Wrote: Oh, really? Thanks a lot! Will there be more progress to come?

I can add the face print-

from a shape point of view, these are currently just spheres intersecting each other.

That leads to a lot of hidden faces, I can inline them and get rid of them and also add intersection lines. AS well as the additiona connection point where some hair accessories can be placed.
I guess the dimensions are around 80-90% ok.
Nice mockup! I might be able to help making your mockup one mesh in Blender. If that is wanted for the model. To avoid the intersections.
(2023-02-04, 7:13)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Nice mockup! I might be able to help making your mockup one mesh in Blender. If that is wanted for the model. To avoid the intersections.

Thanks for the offer. 
Getting rid of the interceptions is not so much the issue using CSG in LDPE, though blender does it even better I imagine. 
I stepped countless times through a very good YT build video to get the locations of the ellipsoids and also views from top and bottom. Some still would still need the one or other "strech" /push applied. But without the phydical part this might be difficult/very time consuming.
I will add the edege lines for the intersections. 

... and i need a part number...
(2023-02-04, 7:13)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Nice mockup! I might be able to help making your mockup one mesh in Blender. If that is wanted for the model. To avoid the intersections.

Thanks for the offer. 
Getting rid of the interceptions is not so much the issue using CSG in LDPE, though blender does it even better I imagine. 
I stepped countless times through a very good YT build video to get the locations of the ellipsoids and also views from top and bottom. Some still would still need the one or other "strech" /push applied. But without the phydical part this might be difficult/very time consuming.

(2023-02-04, 9:26)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Thanks for the offer. 

According to Brickset, the part number for Princess Morbucks’ headpiece is 36877.

https://brickset.com/parts/6226685/mini-head-no-2534
the complete piece or do Hair and Face have different numbers? Is the face the same piece as the other Powerpuff girls?
(2023-02-04, 13:48)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: the complete piece or do Hair and Face have different numbers? Is the face the same piece as the other Powerpuff girls?

As far as I see, the face piece is pretty much the same part that Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup have, but with a different face print pattern.

Hello again. It’s been about three months since this thread was last updated, but how is the progress going so far? Is there any more part info you need?
(2023-05-04, 12:53)Matthew Coleman Wrote: Hello again. It’s been about three months since this thread was last updated, but how is the progress going so far? Is there any more part info you need?

Hello,

I browsed again some resources and finally one number was successful!

Here is the raw hair. I will polish it this week

BR

Gerald

Attached Files
.dat   36877_raw.dat (Size: 275.71 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2024-01-16, 22:16)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Hello,

I browsed again some resources and finally one number was successful!

Here is the raw hair. I will polish it this week

BR

Gerald

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your efforts!
it is on the PT!

https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/34452
(2024-01-24, 22:27)Gerald Lasser Wrote: it is on the PT!

Like I said, thank you very much! I truly appreciate you for doing this.
(2024-01-24, 22:27)Gerald Lasser Wrote: it is on the PT!

Update: Wait a second, it looks like Princess’s face printing is mirrored. What’s causing this error?

(2024-01-25, 2:31)Matthew Coleman Wrote: Update: Wait a second, it looks like Princess’s face printing is mirrored. What’s causing this error?

There's a -1 instead of a 1 when the face part is referenced in the shortcut part. So the face is correct, but the shortcut isn't.
(2024-01-25, 2:31)Matthew Coleman Wrote: Update: Wait a second, it looks like Princess’s face printing is mirrored. What’s causing this error?

ups, sorry, corrected now
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »